Thread: The adventures of Remus: Bathtime Follies

The adventures of Remus: Bathtime Follies

So I'm taking a nice bath, relaxing when suddenly I hear the wonderful sounds of a cat slurp slurping water next to my head. I open my eyes and to my suprise I am greeted by the nose of one large tabby cat who seems to think that warm bath water is nicer than the cold, fresh water John just put out for the cats.

I politely *push* him out of my face. He jumps back up on the tub again. We play the move-the-cat-cat-returns game for a few minutes when suddenly Mr Insistant loses his balance on the slippery tub and ends up in my lap!

I practically jump out of my skin and Remus, while a bit damp, has this look on his face saying "I really meant to do that"

That's just too funny.

Too bad you didn't get a video of that Sometimes when I take a bath the cats just look at me like why would you do that to yourself. Some of them like to watch the bubbles.

I think you were lucky- I remember one time when Tigris did a similar thing to my husband. He slipped and fell in (Tigris, that is) and used Siegmar's belly for a jump start. Five traces of blood on S.'s belly

Maybe the catnip-scented bath oil wasn't such a great idea...

Love, Columbine

Oh my. Too funny! My cats won't come near the bathroom while I am showering or bathing. However, they do come in and inspect the situation when I am done. I had one cat years ago, Kit Kat, who used to sit on the side of the tub while I was in the shower.

How so funny.. Yes I have a couple of babies that they just want right in there with me when I am taking a bath.. And so help me I dont dare close the door & they cant get in.. They will cry till I open the door back up..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

When we had a shower curtain Taz would sit on the edge of the tub between the curtain and the liner. But now we have shower doors. Paizly sometimes peeks in like she's curious but she's never actually jumped in. We do leave the doors closed all the time too.

Yeah, while I was reading your story I thought "oh no, she's going to have a torn up lap ".
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

BATH or SHOWER

My LUCKY waits on the vanity for me too finish in the shower. Luck’s rule is I must be marked before I go in and immediately as I am trying to dry. He has too be with me from the time I enter the bathroom till I come out. I have had him sit on top of the shower doors. This is a cat that likes water. My inspectors are Lenny and Egypt. As soon as any one leaves the tub they have to check it, that is wife, me, or model boat test.
    GILL & Crew;

Quote Originally Posted by GILL View Post
    My LUCKY waits on the vanity for me too finish in the shower. Luck’s rule is I must be marked before I go in and immediately as I am trying to dry. He has too be with me from the time I enter the bathroom till I come out. I have had him sit on top of the shower doors. This is a cat that likes water. My inspectors are Lenny and Egypt. As soon as any one leaves the tub they have to check it, that is wife, me, or model boat test.
    LOL...they really are inspectors of so many things, aren't they? Box inspectors, tub inspectors, etc. I do love that about cat's too. I love to see their faces as they are inspecting something new.

I remember Scrappy 2 falling the tub and I had to get her out at once as I have a soaker tub that is quite deep!!
    I wonder why Cats do odd things sometimes and Remus drining bath water is a real puzzler!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Remus has always liked warm bath water, even as a kitten. Getting soaked doesn't really phase him either. The squirt bottle thing is a total FAIL when it comes to diciplining him. Conversely, Spook and Hoodini run and hide when I turn on any water whatsoever lol.

Remus has fallen in the tub qute a few times, and Im lucky enough that he hasn't managed to claw me...yet lol.

Awww, Remus! You were just keeping meowmom company.

I am not able to close the bathroom door unless Cassie is on the same side of it as I am . This is quite a fun thing to watch when anyone visits, because she can't quite figure out why I don't shut her out, but other people do.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678