Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Rude!

How Rude!

Last night Huney & I were in obedience class, Mark & Roxey were on the sidelines watching & a lady came up & started talking to Mark & saying how they used to live in Alaska & they had a sled dog team. Well, I guess she bent down & kind of rubbed arond on Roxey and said "Not a purebred", and walked off. Can you believe that Why do people have to be so nasty? Well, like it matters, but she is purebred, just not very well bred. And what does it matter to her?
    I told Mark I would have looked in the ring & said that other one over there, neither is she, does it matter? We love them anyway. It's not like we are there to show or sell her for a dogsled team I would have asked her if there was any reason to be so rude. Sometimes I just can't stand people!!!
    Thanks for letting me vent

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

What would have been fun (but probably illegal) would have been if Mark "rubbed on her" and said "What do you know...you're not purebred either!"

I probably would have said to her (Ms Nasty), that her
    comments revealed a lot about her lack of breeding, and
    manners, and then just ignore her. She was very rude.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

What nerve! It's not her dog so keep your stupid comments to yourself lady! Why are people so hung up on "purebred" dogs anyways! I was told that Phoebe is not a good purebred cause she can't be used for show. Well guess what I didn't get her for show or because she is a rottweiler, I got her because I fell in love with her! AND NOT HER SHOW QUALITY! She is perfect show quality to me and my husband!!!!!

Originally posted by Edwina's Secretary
    What would have been fun (but probably illegal) would have been if Mark "rubbed on her" and said "What do you know...you're not purebred either!"
    Oh, that's great, wait till I tell him, he'll laugh his *** off!!!

Originally posted by turner
    I didn't get her for show or because she is a rottweiler, I got her because I fell in love with her! AND NOT HER SHOW QUALITY! She is perfect show quality to me and my husband!!!!!
    That's just the way I feel too! Who cares what breed or if they are even purebred, you love them!!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

You just can't listen to people like that, when we bought Perry from the breeder, they took a look at Daisy and said well I hope your not going to breed Perry to Daisy she is not good breeding material, she could never be shown, I said well we have no intentions of showing her and we are going to get Perry neutered and they said oh no, you could breed him and make money, we said we aren't buying him to make money, we are buying him because we love him. Perry has a lot of champions in his pedigree, but I can tell you he is our good ole Perry our lovebug. If we hadn't fallen in love with him, I think we would have said bye bye.
    Jackie

That is hilarious! I wonder what kind of reaction you would have gotten out of her!

Anna, I am sorry that you and Mark had to encounter such a rude person It doesn't matter how pure or mixed our dogs are, we love them just the same!

LOL!!! That's just what I was thinking but I would probably have added, "On second thought, maybe you are a purebread. A purebread SNOB!!!

That was SO rude of that person to make a comment like that! We, too, have gotten looked at funny because Malone isn't a purebreed & doesn't have papers. What is wrong with just having a fun loveable huggable pooch to have as a friend?? That is all we wanted, we didn't care about his bloodlines (except we wanted him to be healthy!).

Roxey is special, has a great personality (or "dogonality") and that is all that matters!

That's happened to me before. I used to take my cat Zasper on a leash and take her with me to Petsmart. One time this lady came up at started petting her saying what a beautiful Siamese she was, then she asked if she was purebred. And I was like I doubt it, she was a resuce and she was polydactyl, so even if she was pure she couldn't have been shown. The lady was just like, how sad. I loved Zasper for the great cat she was and I wouldn't have loved her any more or less if she was purebred or not.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

What would the world be like without ignorant people? At least, they give us something to make fun of

I actually had a woman that worked at a vet, look at me in disbelief, when I told her Jake was purebreed. I could tell she wanted to argue with me, but she held her tongue . . . after a quick round of 20 questions . He is a bit big, okay more than a bit big, for a golden, but other than size he looks exactly like a golden retriever. I would love him the same, purebreed or not, but who's to tell me I'm confused and misinformed about my dog. It makes me even more peeved that this lady worked at a vet. Most animal lovers know that every breed has a variety of traits, just like people do. It is not really that common to have a purebreed that meets every rule and requirement to show. Most pets, I've seen are a little taller/shorter/whatever than they are supposed to be to be considered "standard". Although genetics determines physical traits, there is no guarantee. Kids don't usually look exactly like their parents, that's how things work.

I think the variety in nature makes the world a more interesting and beautiful place. Jake is a love. I actually like that he is not "standard". His huge proportions make him even more lovable and huggable. Addie is a mixed breed and I love looking at how different breed's traits were moulded together to form such a unique and graceful creature.

HAHAHAHAAHA !!!! I nearly spit up my breakfast laughing so hard

I'm sorry you had to deal with that woman's comments Anna. I have dealt with some nasty comments about Reece's HAIRCUT And many people think Lolly is mean when they don't even know her. They just look at her and get scared.. and she's not even doing anything! Just walking happily with me!
    Last edited by aly; 10-02-2002 at 12:31 PM.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL!!! That's just what I was thinking but I would probably have added, "On second thought, maybe you are a purebread. A purebread SNOB!!!

I too was thinking the same things! It was very rude of her. So she is from Alaska than she should know that A LOT of sled dogs are mixes!!!!! They do have many sled dogs (mixed dogs too) in many other states & country's so what makes Alaska so special? Many are even mixed w/ whippets!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Sara, that was the ABSOLUTE BEST response. Illegal or not, I probably would have done it. Or dead minimum looked at her and asked her if she was a pure breed because she didn't have the right features for a _______ pick a nationality. Who the hell cares if a dog is a pure breed anyway...mutts are usually better anyway. I just love dogs regardless of breed or breeds and could give a flying you know what for pedigree or papers. Presumptuous snobbish wench!!! Actually, that's probably what I would have said. Ok, I've vented now too!! Thanks.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

That's so stupid. My parents have a purebred sheltie who is quite big - he's bigger than a border collie but not quite as big as a golden. But we love his the same anyway! We had no intention of showing his ever, and so those thoughts never cross our mind.

Sara that was too funny! I would have loved to see the look on that woman's face if it had actually happened!