Alright so I've had Stormy for 8 years or so, I adore my cat he is my first cat and I probably made many mistakes with him. I noticed lately he has been eating more and more dry cat food, I have been told that wet cat food would do better for him since he is in check weight wise and its high nutrient dense and high moisture which is what a cat needs. Well I was thinking I haven't noticed a huge increase in water, though its hard to tell with the dog and cat drinking from the same bowl. Anyways do you guys know of any health issues that cause increase in appetite but now effect on weight I mean I thought about him having tapeworms or some type of parasite. Though I've looked at his stool no sign and he has rubbed his butt across the ground from day one, so that is just one of his lazy quirks.

Any ideas or suggestions would be nice, He is nine years old. He had been on diet because he just had been a little over weight which was about 2lbs difference. He enjoys sunbathing a lot and I know he has a small heart murmur which vet said its barely there but something down the road from now like heart disease may be awaiting.