Thread: 30th Anniversary: "We are sailing...!"

30th Anniversary: "We are sailing...!"

This month we will be celebrating our 30th anniversary (aug 18th)!!
    We will have a family & friends-party in September!
    But this coming saturday, aug 8th, we will be flying to Copenhagen to make a cruise!!!
    The cruise is sailing from Copenhagen on tuesday 11th, so we will be spending nearly 3 days in that city!! And....... guess who we will meet there...............................
    Our dearest RANDI !!!! And FISTER !!!!
    I am so happy to finally meet her, she has been a dear friend on PT since many years!! Randi will guide us around and show us the places to see; and , she is inviting us to her flat for lunch and we will be able to meet dear Fister!! Woohoo!! I hope that our foreign voices will not scare the hell out of him........!! I will try to talk not to loud ; But yes, I know, I always talk to much .... . I am bringing him a cat-tunnel, so maybe that will melt him down a bit

On tuesday we will board our ship in the afternoon; sailing is at 5 pm.
    First day we will be on sea all day. Next morning we will arrive in Tallinn (Estonia).
    Next morning we will be in St.Petersburg where we will stay for 2 days! I hope to see the "Hermitage" and some beautiful palaces!!
    Our next town is Helsinki. What a shame that our Niina lives nearly 800 km north from Helsinki ; it would have been great to meet her again too!)
    Then come these towns: Warnemünde (Berlin), Stockholm (Sweden), Arhus (Denmark), Oslo (Norway), and finally the cruise ends in Rotterdam (Netherlands). As Rotterdam is close to where we live, we will be taking a train home from there

What a dreamcruise hey!! It is only the second time that we will travel without the kids. They are 24 and 20 now. Indra is working to earn a bit of money, and Jo is working fulltime.

We are sooooo much looking forward to this!! I sure hope that the weather will be cooperating; and I also hope that my health will "behave"! We haven't been able to go travelling for several years now, due to back problems!

I will take lots of pics, and will post some later!!

Randi, see you on saturday!!!!
    Last edited by Maya & Inka's mommy; 08-05-2009 at 01:07 PM.
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Lut, I'm so looking forward to see you and Bernard - I had no idea the trip is to celebrate your 30th Anniversary though. CONGRATULATIONS!!
    Like I said, I'll come and pick you up at your hotel.

Tomorrow, I'll get to meet another cruiser - one I have not met before, either. It's a friend of Sara's. So I'm off to bed now.

See you soon, Lut!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

WoW I cannot even Dream of such a Trip.. All the places sound so Awesome.. Have a very safe & nice trip.. Yes Congrats on your 30th..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

That sounds a wonderful trip, and great that you can meet Randi along the way! I will look forward to some stories and photos.

Many congratulations to you and Bernard on your anniversary.

What a wonderful-sounding trip! And what a wonderful occasion to celebrate, 30 years of marriage filled with love and happiness... Congratulations!!!!!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congratulations! Have a wonderful trip, a nice visit to Randi and Fister, and bring many pics back please!!!

Congratulations!! That trip sounds like a slice of heaven
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Lut, happy anniversary to you! What a wonderful trip! I was in Saint-Petersburg in 1998 with a work team from my church. The Hermitage is wonderful. Please try to see Peterhof - it is beautiful. And Nevsky Prospekt and Gostinny Dvor shopping. And the beautiful Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood. It is off of Nevsky Prospekt, but you can't see it. You come around the corner and - surprise! - there it is. Just beautiful. It was under restoration when we were there. The nights are only really dark for a short time so you can be outdoors around 9, 10 PM and it is still light out. I would go there again in a moment if the opportunity ever became available.

^Here is Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood on the side that faces Nevsky Prospekt. You can also come up to it from the other side, over a small bridge.^

P.S., if you buy matryoshka nesting dolls, try to get ones that are signed on the bottom (our tour guide told us that).
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thank you so much for that info Cassiesmom!!! I will try to visit these places for sure!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Many Congratulations to you on 30 years! It sounds like a dream trip!

Have a wonderful time (I know you will), give my best to Randi, and headbumpies to Fister!

http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

WOW! 30 years!! I can't imagine being married to someone that long! THAT is something to brag about for sure! CONGRATULATIONS to the both of you!

What a awesome way to celebreate it, a cruise!! That will be a great trip and you will have so much fun and see so many beautiful sights. And get to meet fellow PT'ers and Fister too?!!! You have hit the jackpot!!

(Be sure to give Fister a kiss, right between his ears for me .)

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post
    Be sure to give Fister a kiss, right between his ears for me .
    LOL!!! Of course, I will do that for you!!
    Any more requests?? A bellyrub maybe??

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    LOL!!! Of course, I will do that for you!!
    Any more requests?? A bellyrub maybe??
    Lut, I am so envious! I want to go to Russia again! Please have a wonderful time!!! Could you please give your Girls and Fister a hug and snuggle from me?

Thank you,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    Lut, I am so envious! I want to go to Russia again! Please have a wonderful time!!! Could you please give your Girls and Fister a hug and snuggle from me?

Thank you,
    Elyse
    I sure will !!
    My suitcases are almost ready now. I just noticed that I packed to much, because I cannot close my suitcase. Guess I have no choice: I have to put some clothes back in the drawer

Oh my, and now I realize I haven't packed Fister's pressie yet....