Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tigger has passed away

tigger has passed away

People today at 8:30 a.m. july 12th my cat tigger passed away from liver failure, there is a good chance that it was the science food md that made him sick, this cat survived congestive heart failure, diabetes, when i went on md food for hid diabetes, his health went down hill, when i went to the md site it told of alot of people that had lost cats to liver and renal failures when they switched to the science diet, dd, od, and md are some of the diet food from france, people look at the food you feed your pet, i found out that in 2007 there was a recall of md and other special diet food due to wheat germ, but people are still losing cats to liver and renal disorders on this food. Don't learn the hard way like i did. Check out your cats food look it up. A vet that works with special cat disorder is the one who told me to give md food, and knew of the recall but did not tell me. Now i have lost my tigger i don't want it happening to you

I am so sorry about Tigger. I just lost my Taz to kidney failure too. Although he was eating the dry food Hills k/d. But who knows anymore? It's all so scary.

RIP Tigger
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    I am so sorry about Tigger. I just lost my Taz to kidney failure too. Although he was eating the dry food Hills k/d. But who knows anymore? It's all so scary.

RIP Tigger
    hills k/d is the same food that i was feeding tigger renal disorders is the huge complaint on hills food renal and liver disorders, check and see if this could have happened with your cat. I am so sorry to hear about your loss, i am having such a hard time dealing with my loss. Tigger was a cat wit an attitude that cant be copied

Rest in peace, Tigger.
    I've Been Frosted

RIP sweet Tigger.
    Thes: I'm so very sorry for your loss.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Tigger, and it's even more awful if it was because of Hills food. Gosh, it's difficult to know what to feed these days.

Rest in peace, sweet Tigger, you will always stay in your mommy's heart.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I'm sorry that Tigger is no longer w/you and even sorrier if the cause was a brand of cat food. Please know that you and Tigger are in my prayers and a candle burns for you both. RIP, Tigger and peace to your human.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm so sorry for your loss. RIP sweet boy.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Tigger

I remember like it was yesterday when we got Tigger. One of my mom's ex friends came by and asked if we could take care of him until we found him a home. So we took him in. He could of been older then 6-8 weeks old. But even then we fell in love with him. We tried finding him a home, but we couldn't find a home for him. We even fell in love with Tigger so we decided to keep him. So we did. Took him to the vets for his shots and at 5 months he got fixed. Poor kitty. He was a laid back cat with an attitude. He would pick fights with Ashes just to watch Alison run to them, break up the fight, and smack the heck out of Ashes although most of the time it was Tigger who started the fight. When we let our cats outside (used to do it, and we kept close supervision) he once caught a baby bird. Mom wouldn't let him keep it and he gave her such a disappointing look. But Tigger being Tigger forgave us. He also was spoiled. When he wanted attention, he got it. If we were on the computer, he would just jump on top and demanded to be petted. There were a few times when you would defend your home and fought with a cat that we would keep save when the weather got bad which turned into a temporary home and just like Tigger we fell in love with her and decided to keep her (long story may post her story soon) Everything was fine with Tigger until June of 2008. On June 11, 2008 we were evacuated and we took the cats to the shelter until we found a place to live that took cats. When we did we brought Tigger and the other cats back. When Tigger was younger, the vet detected a small heart murmur and told us not to worry about it. So we didn't and we even forgot about the murmur. Well when we got the cats back they all got upper respiratory infections but Tigger got the blow of it. He went into heart failure and nearly died from it. They even had his body bag ready because they thought that Tigger wasn't going to make it. But he did and was put on lasix. Then after that he was doing well. In March of 2009 our special care vet advised us to put Tigger on a diet. Unaware that Tigger had diabetes at this point we put him on his diet food. A month later Tigger was sick again and had a seizure. We rushed him to his special vets and we had to ask to get a blood test. That showed that he had Diabetes and a urinary tract infection. We treated the infection but for some reason we had trouble getting his blood sugar down. It would be around 364 one check up, around 564 in another, around 306 the next, 691 the one after that, and the last one that we know about was 509. But Thursday night (7/9/09) Tigger threw up all night and by Friday morning his was lifeless and weak. We took him to our regular vet who had to rehydrate him and drew blood. Saturday morning we found out that his Liver was failing. We thought were going to put him down but while we were saying our goodbyes he perked up so we decided to give Tigger another day to see if once again he would pull through. But on Sunday morning (7/12/09) at 8:30 am Tigger passed away from Liver failure brought on from Kidney Failure. His kidneys were failing as well. We didn't know until that night that he passed. For the entire day we thought that he was improving but deep in my heart, I had a feeling that he was gone. I was at church at the time that mom found out 6:30 pm central. I found out when I got home from church. We were devastated. We still are devastated. We buried him this morning in our backyard. We also put a picture of Tigger on the computer and blew it up so we could frame it. We will always have a memory of Tigger. We thought that it was the food, but the vet tech doubts it since the problem was fixed. Mom still thinks that he may still have to do with the food. My mom is also a member here (thesun898). If you want to add to Tigger's story mom go ahead and do it.

We are sorry to hear about Tigger, and we pray that it wasnt defective food as so many other Cats are being prescribed that food at incredible prices!!
    Nutro and Blue Buffalo had issues with thier food and they are so expensive!!
    Tiggers got hs wings of Silver and Gold and is now in Provence for a banquet in his honor. He wants you to know just how much he loves you and how hard you fought for him, and that there will be a very special place for all of you in Paradise when you are reunited in love.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I'm so sorry to hear about Tigger's passing. If it was the food then that's even more heartbreaking. I used to feed my Storm Royal Canin Urinary S/O formula in dry and canned but now all of my cats are on Innova Evo. This food has improved Storm's health so much and it's grain free. Veterinary diets aren't always the best ones.

Now Tigger is pain free and playing up at Rainbow Bridge. I'm sure that both my Starr and Pepper have welcomed him and are showing him around. RIP sweet Tigger.

I am so very, very sorry for your loss.

Rest in peace, Tigger, you are loved and missed so much.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

here is a picture of my tigger

i hope i did this right
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by thesun898 View Post
    i hope i did this right
    He sure was a very handsome boy. RIP sweet boy.

Tigger really was a handsome kitty. I'm sorry for your loss.

Godspeed to the Bridge, dear Tigger, and Peace to your family back home.