Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Max

Max - he's gone :(

I know I don't post much anymore. Shhh! I'm doing this from work on a Friday. Very quiet here (boss from Hell has a day off today)

Max has been losing weight and losing hair. I took him to the vet and the news is not good. He's in severe renal failure. His Creatinine and Urea numbers have skyrocketed since January and he's skin and bones. Dr. Singh says I can either hospitalize him for 24 hours to receive fluids or I can administer sub-q fluids at home (I did this with Speckles shortly before she passed.)

I will chose the latter at some point. Right now he's in no discomfort, his input and output are good and he walks around with his furry tail up and talks up a storm when I get home from work. So all is good for now and I only pray that he says with me long enough to have another Christmas.

It breaks my heart to see him fading away but we all know they don't last forever. He will be 17 next month.
    Last edited by slick; 01-15-2010 at 08:39 PM.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Awww, poor Max, but at least you have experience giving sub-q fluids. He'll be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

We are so sorry to hear that Max is not doing well ,
    its so sad when our Fur Companions age and show us that they are in the words of my Vet , not immortal when talking about JJJ3
    We are praying that Max will have Christmas with you, and that he can have as good as health as possible.
    Hes such a Very Good Cat.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Oh no! I'm sorry about Max, Slick. Truly. Subq's always perked up my Puddy girl so maybe this will do the trick for Max. I sure hope so. Prayers on the way. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I am so sorry about Max. I am going through this exact same thing with Taz right now. I will learn how to give the injections tomorrow.
    I will keep you and Max in my thoughts.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

{{{{{hugs}}}}

Glad to hear Max is still talking and being himself - good quality of life there!

Sub q fluids could do wonders for him and give him longer AND better time with you.

Prayers that Max thrives for as long as possible.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm so sorry to hear about Max. I hope he continues to show no signs and is with you for some time.

I'm sorry to hear about Max too, but I'm glad he still seems alert and happy. I sure hope he can spend one more Christmas with you, it's such as special time.
    Gentle **hugs**

Slick, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that the sub-q fluids will help him. You might also want to ask about giving him vitamin B12 injections. They really help sick kitties to feel much better too. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Aw, my dear friend, you know my prayers are with you and Sir Max!!!

I know how it tears your heart out to see them get frail. I also know if you give them a gazillion hugs, cuddles, kisses and I love yous, it won't be enough.

I'll pray for you to have your Christmas together too.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about Max. Did he get sub-qs at the vet? That should have made him feel better right away.
    It is so good that you know how to administer them. Filou has a trip to the vet scheduled every week for 4 years now and without them we wouldn't have him around anymore.
    Sending big hugs to sweet Max and Meowmie.

Slick, I'm really sorry to hear how Max' health is declining. Can you start giving him sub-q fluids now? Perhaps a couple of times a week to begin with. It's a little consolation that his input and output are good and he's happy to see you.

Fister and I are sending gentle headbumpies, kisses and hugs.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

The girls are sending all their best wishes for their good friend Max.

I hope that he perks up with the fluids and you have him with you a while longer. Please give him a big, big hug from me.

14. To the Max -Max! You have some things left to do here.

Maybe a little friend would perk up Mr. Max???

Thoughts and prayers for you, Max (and for your meowmie too)