Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taz's vet visit *update #8*

Taz's vet visit *update #8*

In his birthday thread I mentioned I was taking him to the vet tonight. Well, of course they wanted to do bloodwork....AGAIN! She didn't feel anything in his belly and thought we'd get a result from bloodwork. I was a little upset because he's had bloodwork done about 4 times in the past year and it's always the same result: his kidney levels are slightly higher....nothing to worry about.
    This time she took urine as well and said it was very clear (a sign of kidney failure). So I will get the results of the blood and urine tomorrow.

I have a feeling my boy is in the major stages of kidney failure....suddenly.

If the bloodwork comes back with nothing significant to show then we will proceed to xrays or ultra sound (which is VERY expensive).

My main goal right now is for Taz to be with me long enough to pay off this ridiculous Care Credit bill I have once again racked up on him. Of course that's not the only reason I want him around. He is my #1 baby and I don't know what I'll do without him.

I will update tomorrow after I get the results. Thank you.
    Last edited by Taz_Zoee; 06-19-2009 at 12:03 PM.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh Cindy, I'm thinking positive thoughts for you. You have a meowmies sixth sense about her furkid so do what you think is best for Taz. I hope it's nothing and Taz is around for a LOOOOOONG time! Prayers and good wishes sent your way!
    Claudia

Oh goodness, Cindy, prayers are going up right now for Taz's good report. I hope that you have him w/you for many more year. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thank you Claudia and Mary.

Can someone please answer one question for me?
    Why in the HECK do animals (as well as people) seem to get worse after they go to the doctor/vet?
    This morning Taz was not waiting for me in the hall as he usually is. Nor did he eventually come out and meet me in the kitchen for me to feed him. I had to search the house for him and finally found him in the bathroom by the toilet. (I noticed he hung out there when he wasn't feeling good while going through his kidney cyst thing too.) I went in and pet him. He tried to stand up and fell over. I lost it (and I'm going to again while typing this). Why does this sh...crap happen? He was fine (besides losing weight) before we went to the vet last night. And now, all of the sudden, he can hardly stand up on his own. I don't get it!!!
    So I went on and got his food ready. He finally did come out to the kitchen. I put his food down on the ground instead of up on the stand (so the dogs can't get to it). He sniffed it, went to his box to pee and walked away to go lay on the carpet. Later I went to pet him and he arched up against my hand but fell over.
    Usually he comes to sit with me while I do my stretches. Not this morning. I opened the slider in the studio where he was so he could get some fresh air (even though it smelled like skunk outside). He did walk over and sniff. Before I left for work I put his food back down for him. He did eat a little bit then went back to the carpet.
    I don't know if I can handle all of this right now. My friends funeral is tomorrow. I ran Taggart to the ER vet last night because I think he has a fox tail in his nose or throat. Then was very upset because Bruce was having a fit about the estimated cost. So I had the vet do nothing and brought him home. Bruce will take him to our regular vet today and he can deal with the cost himself.
    This year is not going so well and I just want it to be over already. I'm having a de ja vu of 2001.

Well, thanks to anyone who read this long thread. I just needed to get it out.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Why in the HECK do animals (as well as people) seem to get worse after they go to the doctor/vet?
    I don't know, Cindy; probably for the same reason that they usually get sick on weekends when our vets aren't in and we dread going to an emergency vet. I'm sorry that this is happening. When it comes, it comes in bunches, doesn't it?
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh I am so sorry Taz is not feeling well.. Get Well Real Soon Wittle Baby Taz.. Sending lots of Prayers & Huggss..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Cindy, I'm sorry you and Taz are going this. Could it be that Taz is just stressed out from the vet visit, or feeling your vibes? I so hope there's nothing serious wrong. Try to spend as much time cuddling with him as possible to make him relax. And give him some kisses from me too!

I hope you'll have each other for a long time to come!

(((Hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Well I have good news and bad news.
    Good news is that Taz is fine right now. I talked to Bruce and he said he's acting like he normally does. Then my friend reminded me that they do get a bit lethargic after getting injections. I think it just hit me so hard because he is so frail/skinny right now. Oh, he weighed 7.1lbs last night.

Ok, the bad news is he is pretty much right smack in the middle of kidney failure. His white blood cell count is low (I think that's what she said) and I'll have to give him injections. Which I'll learn how to do tomorrow morning. yay I just hope this works. And honestly I can't help but feel responsible for his declining health. The vet said he's stressed. Which I believe is due to the two new pets I have brought home within the past year. I often wish it was just me and him again like the good old days. Not that I'd EVER give any of the other kids up. I took them on and now I must deal with it.

So now we'll just deal with that and Taggart is going to the vet for his fox tail problem today as well.

Thanks again for your kind words and thoughts everyone.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    It seems it never rains, but it pours. You are going thru so much right now, and it must seem so stressful and overwhelming. Fingers and paws crossed here, that soon life will settle down and matters will be resolved for the best. Hang in there..........
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

{{{hugs}}}

Glad there is some improvement with Taz! Kidney failure is scary, but many many kitties on PT have done well with more fluids - even just mixing his wet food with warm water, mushy style.

If your vet suggests sub q fluids, I haven't had to deal with that yet - but Medusa and others have learned how and for many it's just 'that time of day' for both purrent and cat. A couple of treats right after doesn't hurt either.

More prayers for Taz. And don't blame yourself - Taz is 14, and kidney disease is more likely to happen as a cat gets older. I think it is coincidence that it happened after you brought two pets in.

Maybe some extra loves for Taz for the next little while would be good also - though I am sure he's getting lots of lovings!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers and a candle for Taz and you, Cindy. I'm so sorry about all these challenges facing you at once.

I give my Peony, who has kidney and liver issues, subcutaneous fluids every day or so. It isn't hard, once you both get used to the routine.

May you both share much more good, comfortable, happy time together.

God bless,
    Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Prayers for Taz are on their way. I hope he feels better. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
    -ErinExotic:]]
    Snowbelle's Catster:

Major prayers on the way from me for you and sweet Taz.
    How well I know the feeling of being over whelmed.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Positive thoughts going out to you. I do think the furkids sense OUR stress and it effects them. You're going thru a tough time now and maybe Taz is feeling it. Don't feel guilty about the new additions to the family. Just give Tazzy boy plenty of luvin. I'm glad he's getting better. They are never with us long enough. Know that I'm thinking of you and yours.
    Claudia

Cindy, I'm sorry to hear about Taz and all of the stress that you're going through right now. I know all too well about being overwhelmed with so many bad things happening at once. You think that it's never going to end but it does and it will. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are going out to both you and Taz. I also hope that Taggart will be okay too.