Thread: Opening the cat food bag...

Opening the cat food bag...

Do your cats go crazy when you open a new bag of cat food? My cats go nuts. They all come running the minute they realize I am opening a new bag. I know the food smells very good and fresh. I just wondered if anyone else's cats do this.

Isn't it amazing how acute their senses of smell and hearing are? Years ago I had a gorgeous blue point siamese, male cat called Sam. Well, one day my daughter was "slow" while closing the back screen door and you guessed it -- Sam slipped right out the door. All I saw was his tail as he was running with gusto away from the house.

What to do, chase the cat, leave my daughter . . . then the lightbulb went off. Opened the kitchen cabinet removed the cardboard box of cat food. Didn't have to call his name no hollering no tears -- just "shake a shake a shake" the cat food box.

Wish I had a movie camera then because he stopped dead in his tracks turned around and without hesitation came scampering back home up on the back porch and back into the kitchen.

Of course my daughter was all teary eyed, I couldn't very well holler at him because he came home on his own (with the help of that music to his ears -- shake a shake a shake).

From that day forward there was ALWAYS a box of cat food in the kitchen cabinet -- just in case.
    Sebastian & Miss Minnie

openning the bags does not have the calling effect, but a plastic cup full of dry food being dumped in a bowl calls most of the CREW.
    That is also why we keep a treat bottle (square plastic bottle) and shake it before any one gets a treat. This brings the others.
    GILL & Crew;

My kitties on Saturdays always come running into the kitchen when I am bringing the grocerys.. They have to check out each & every groc bag for food - treats - toys.. Yes they all love fresh bags of food & for their bowls to be full..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Treats!

Yeah! Well not with fresh food bags, but when it comes to my cats treats... It's almost scary how he can hear me shake the bag from my bedroom to the kitchen!
    He'll come running like no tomorrow! It's actually quite funny... and he's so smart! He'll sit right away because he already knows that I'll ask him to.
    He still amazes me and I've had my kitty for 2 years.
    Momo and Italia