Thread: intruder!

intruder!

Hi pt! shyanne here. Mama went to bed early last night an dI was just minding my own buisiness out in the yard when this huge wild beast sneeks by and tries to take my food! some nerve these days! Then after I kept barking at it mama came to see what was going on since I don't bark very often unless I'm hunting. When she saw the evil critter she lauphed it me and ran it off but it kept coming back. After a couple times she just got out here little flashy thing and this is what she got.... beware! it's scary!

I see it again mama! do something!

i told you it was scary!

mama said it was a purty big coon so i had every right to be upset

even jinx and jig got sniffed but they didn't care

harley wanted to go outside and play REALLY bad but mama wouldn't let him

even with her standing outside it just walked around her and ignored her the whole time she took pictures!

after a while I'd had enouph, so I decided to be brave and chase the evil beast off!

but it came back and checked my bowl after I went to bed... long story short... mama thinks i should stick to rabbit hunting cause coons really arn't my thing

Be careful! Raccoons can be rabid. Bark it away!!!

Oh boy, those pesky critters! He was very bold!
    Looks like he didn't even leave when he got 'flashed' with the camera!

Racoons are SO cute!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Raccoons are sweet looking but they can be dangerous to cats. We had one of our cats Katie (now at RBB) badly injured by a raccoon when she was small. They can be very daring and aggressive. We have had them come through out kittie door on to our sun porch. We've had opossums too.

we have alot of visiters like this one around here. I was standing on the porch when I took the pictures and the little bugger just walked right by me within about 2 feet and didn't even flinch. They are usually at least a little skiddish but not this one. I usually run them off because I don't want them getting used to getting my animals food or nosing around the house and getting used to people. I knew shy and the cats would be fine, they are used to them, but Harley would have gotten hurt so I wouldn't let him out to investigate. He was pritty torn up about it, lol. it really suprised me that shyanne ran it off, but she would have peed all over herself if it would have turned around though.This was a really big coon!obviously eating well.

If you keep your cat and dog food outside you can be sure that some of that size comes from pet food. The tell-tell sign that a coon has been around if if the pet water is full of dirt. They like to wash up before they eat.

Quote Originally Posted by kokopup View Post
    If you keep your cat and dog food outside you can be sure that some of that size comes from pet food. The tell-tell sign that a coon has been around if if the pet water is full of dirt. They like to wash up before they eat.
    I keep the bags of food inside, usually the animals eat all their food when i feed them but it was hot and shy didn't eat all hers. when she doesn't eat it all she will just sit there and gaurd it from the cats and any other critter. She ended up eating it before the coon got the chance to check the bowl. I think it probably came around because we had a cookout that evening and it could probably still smell the food that had been there.