Thread: V8 supercars fever time again in my city...

V8 supercars fever time again in my city...

Well it is that time of year again, every year in April for the next seven years my city Hamilton will be hosting the V8 races, should be fun, i Love all the hype in the city, i can sit back in my lounge and watch them and hear the reality of it all in the back yard,looks like a nice weekend weather wise as well.

Go Kiwis Go kiwis.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

It sounds like a great event. I am an avid NASCAR and LEMANS Series
    race fan. I usually go to the Super car and Hot ROD shows in Pigeon
    Forge Tennessee every year. I see where your local GREEN PARTY is making noise over the race.

http://www.greens.org.nz/node/17487

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    them and hear the reality of it all in the back yard,looks like a nice weekend weather wise as well.

Go Kiwis Go kiwis.

HOw big is your backyard?

There is nothing more interesting that a V8 without a muffler!

Well you are more informed than me i did not know about the green party and their issues, frankly i think it is only one weekend a year, and I am not overly concerned, sure i believe in looking after our environment too, but i really don't think the V8 races are going to make that much difference, probably what they are asking would cost us ratepayers in the long run.

Anyhow should be a good time in the city, last year was a lot more hype and tickets were sold out, and there was the usual complaints,but this year plenty of tickets available, guess the current economy has hit it hard, but i am still hoping it will be a huge success, brings a lot of that gold stuff we all like into the city too,mind you it probably costs us a packet as well.

Richard the back yard is pretty small lol, but yep i sure can here those babies, and i like the sound of it, makes it more exciting.

Tomorrow all the fun begins, i will be a bit of a couch potato this weekend, watching my fair share of the races, being a strong Holden girl myself, I am hoping we do well this year.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Your beloved Holden is sold in this country as a Pontiac. The newest
    Holden V8 is sold here as a Pontiac G8. It seems that the only way our
    US automakers can market an acceptable car is to import it from Australia or Europe and rebadge it.

Now that is one nice car,interesting i did not know that, yep the practice races start today, so should be firing up soon, and i will be hearing all the buzz no doubt lol.
    Furangels only lent.