Thread: What would you pick? Ipod Touch or Iphone?

What would you pick? Ipod Touch or Iphone?

So..

Mike lent me his Ipod touch to play with, explore for a week, so I can decide on which one to get, that or the Iphone - His brother was telling me I could get this plan for the Iphone that has unlimited texting & internet access, only 30 mins of talking on phone (since i don't talk on the phone THAT much..) and it's like $50 a month.. or something like that.

So I don't know - what's really different between those two?
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

The main difference (and only difference as far as I know) is one is a phone and one is not.

My parents have the Ipod Touch and they like it for playing their music and using it as an 'on the go' photo album. They got it free when they bought their computer. They already have a cell phone (via Verizon on my Family plan).

If you already have a cell phone/provider that you like, I'd just get the Touch.

But if you don't have a cell phone or want to upgrade and you are fine with AT&T as a cell phone provider, then I'd invest in the IPhone.

That way, you'd have a cell phone with all the bells and whistles that the Touch alone has.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Besides the phone part, the big difference is Internet access, which is only available via wifi for the iPod Touch. There are quite a few apps that don't work (or don't work as well) if you can't get online.

I adore my iPhone. It gives me email access when I'm away from home or my DSL crashes. You can look up recipes while you're at the grocery store so you'll know what ingredients to buy. If you're out with friends and no one can think of the name of a particular movie, you can do a Google search for it. You can get maps and directions on the fly, watch YouTube videos, etc., etc.