Thread: sad and upset

sad and upset

I feel really sad and upset that I have to give up the only church I've known for 61 years. It's closing it's doors because of small attendance and running out of money to keep the church building going. Now I'll have to find another congregation to attend. After all of those years at this one church, going to another church will be a very different experience.

No matter where you go, David, God will be there. Cheer up.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh, David, I'd invite you my church, but it's a bit far to drive on a Sunday morning. Sending you hugs, and hope that you find a new community who will treasure you as the nice person you are.
    I've Been Frosted

I echo what Mary said. No matter where ya go to worship, God's there and he'll hear ya!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Search out a new group, David. I know there are other congregations out there that will fill your needs. I'm so sorry that your church is breaking up, but remember there are a lot of believers out here and you will find a new home.

I'm so sorry David. It can be heartbreaking when something ends or changes.

I have to agree with the others. God will be wherever you go. You'll have a wonderful new church sooner than you think. You'll be making more memories with your new friends and some of the other folks from your church that's closing. Look at it as the beginning of a wonderful new experience.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

*HUGS* to you. I wish I could do more...God has a plan though and you and your congregation are part of it. Its hard right now to understand why things happen the way they do, but keep the faith!

Quote Originally Posted by DJFyrewolf36 View Post
    *HUGS* to you. I wish I could do more...God has a plan though and you and your congregation are part of it. Its hard right now to understand why things happen the way they do, but keep the faith!
    Thank you, DJF. Hearing me and caring about me is good enough. Being a Missouri Synod Lutheran, I'm considering going to an ELCA church! I bowl with with an ELCA bowling league and I'm thinking about going to their church.I have a lot of friends there.

Just read in the paper this morning that many of the churches here in the Ohio area are closing and or merging.
    I am so sorry that yours is one of them.
    I am sure that many people are feeling the pain you do now. Much uproar here.
    With your kindness and friendlyness you are just what people will need.
    Someone to reach out and welcome them and make them feel at home in their new church. Where ever you go David I know you will be that man.
    God has opened a new door for you.