Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Kitties: St. Patrick's Day celebration in Chicago

Calling all Kitties: St. Patrick's Day celebration in Chicago

Dear Kitties, we are sorry for the short notice. But -- if Pinot and Groucho would fire up the Catmobile, we would like you to come here to Chicago next weekend for the big St. Pat's festivities. On Saturday, March 14th they dye the Chicago River green and there is the big parade in the Loop. Then on Sunday, March 15th the South Side Irish Parade which is more family-centered. Here is a lesson on how to pronounce it like a true Chicagoan.
    South = "sout" (leave off the h)
    Side Irish
    Parade = "prayed" (one syllable)
    "Are ya goin to da Sout Side Irish prayed?" "Yep, we're takin da grandkids. I hope da wedder's good."

Please come!
    Love and Purrs,
    Cassie
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Pinot says she'll be ready! We are currently out of town but will be coming home tomorrow and will update then...I had her catsitter check with her though, and she's up for it!

Ireland forever!

Talk to you all soon!

from da nort side....

But da bes parish...St Patrick's!

O'Bump!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh my my Yippssyyss Pinot your Darling Raco here & ready to go.. We will tell all the other babies to get everything packed & ready to go.. Taccoa is calling for her Darling Elmer.. Button's Calling for her HoneyBun.. All couples needs to be sending invites.. Are we going to Dye the CatMobile Green??
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinot's Mom View Post
    Pinot says she'll be ready! We are currently out of town but will be coming home tomorrow and will update then...I had her catsitter check with her though, and she's up for it!

Ireland forever!

Talk to you all soon!

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Fister would LOVE to come and join the party, he is at the moment searching the web for a green custume (I personally think blue would look better on him). I also noticed that he put shrimps on my shopping list, so I can tell he is serious!

When he's found what he wants, he'll be in touch.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Hey I found us a Scooby-Doo CatMobile Green Van for the trip..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

The Found Cats and Animal Angels will be there with Bells on especially if we are going to Mortons the famed Chicago Steak House!!!
    And then for some Pizza with stuffed crust and a trip to the Bobtail Soda Fountain for dessert!!!
    We will be there
    We are not square
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

WE'LL BE THERE! ERIN GO BRAGH!

Sparkler, Bob, Elmer, Poppy, Sydney, and Peony
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hi Miss Cassiesmom and Cassie!
    Wow, this sounds like so much fun, I've never seen a green river before! I already called the local Jaguar dealer, the eco-friendly hybrid Catmobile will be ready Wednesday night for a Thursday morning take-off to Chicago. There will be plenty of corned beef & cabbage along with fresh Irish soda bread on board for everyone!

Okay fellow kitties, if you're coming Pinot and I need to know right away so our trip can be mapped out. Everyone will have a ride and nobody will be left behind.

Now to invite my lovely Inka, contact Pinot, and make sure all kitties know about the trip. Pinot and I will keep you updated, stay tuned to this thread!

Your friend,
    Groucho
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

OK, Kitties, Mom's back in town, so I have access to the keyboard again - this was a close one! She told me I had to lay low for a while after Mardi Gras, but my wonderful catsitter talked her into it!

We're on short notice - Groucho and I need to know ASAP! The Catmobile leaves Thursday morning - check in Kitties!! If you don't make the cut off, let us know by cell phone and we'll re-route the Catmobile. It will be wonderful to see my sweetheart and the lvpets crew () along with everyone else that can make it!!

Thanks Groucho, and pack in the Corned Beef and Cabbage! Wear Green everyone!

Love, Pinot

12. Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    The Found Cats and Animal Angels will be there with Bells on especially if we are going to Mortons the famed Chicago Steak House!!!
    And then for some Pizza with stuffed crust and a trip to the Bobtail Soda Fountain for dessert!!!
    We will be there
    We are not square
    Dear JJJ3,

I'll show you all my favorite Chicago spots!!! Top of the Hancock...Navy Pier...the shelter where meowmie and pawpie found me....and other special places.

Your.......Edwina

that sound like a great deal my HH Lady Edwina Rose.

I am filling MY Pal Handsome John Hnacock in and we can double date with Handsome John and his dearest Lily.

My HH Lady Edwina Rose is from Chicago Handsome John , she knows where the best FOOD is!!!
    Thats a deal MY LOVED ONE!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

We're set for a good party! Remember, though, mum's the word on the Sparkler story from Mardi Gras - what happens in New Orleans, stays in New Orleans! It seems the Meowmies are trying to band together to find out the details!

I'll be in touch with the driver on the route; I'll let Groucho know what's up tomorrow - talk to you all soon!

Pinot

ERIN GO BRAGH!
    OK Kitties, we're all set! We hit the road tomorrow morning, the route is set; we'll be picking up the lvpets crew (my sweetheart Raco), Fister, the Found Cats, the Phesina babies (Sparkler, you'll be well taken care of), and, we're assuming, Lily, Elmer & Honeybun (since their sweethearts have requested their presence ). We'll all meet in Chicago with Groucho, Cassie, Edwina & Eddie.
    If anyone hasn't checked in, no problem, give us a call and we'll route to accomodate! No planes necessary this time; the Catmobile is equipped with the magic of a Leprechaun kitty!
    Thanks Cassie & Cassie's Mom for setting this up with the Jaguar dealer and for hosting!

Love, Pinot