Thread: Attempted break-in!!

Attempted break-in!!

We're doing a LOT of work on the house right now. I still don't have basement steps, so I have to go outside and through the storm cellar doors to get to the basement for laundry and such. We always have the basement door locked, but since we don't have steps, we got lazy and didn't lock it the past few days. We were in and out of the basement a LOT and it was a huge pain to set the lock.

Well, we came home to find the basement wide open yesterday! Someone tried to gain entry into the house through the unlocked basement. Problem was.... no steps to get upstairs. No way to even get near the platform to the second floor.

So now, the basement is locked TIGHT again. Thank God we didn't have the steps in place, becaus we would have been robbed again. Lesson learned. We will not be lazy little bums and complain about a lock. Its a bother but thats by design! Its not supposed to be easy to get into the basement from outside.

Now, if they wanted to clean out the basement for me, they're welcome to the old clothes and dishes from hubby's first marriage! Otherwise, there is nothing else in the house to take. We were robbed before and the only things I replaced (wedding band, computer, and camera) were all with me. All the jewelry is long gone, unless you want some cheap costume stuff.

*raises hand shaking vigorously* Oooooo, ooohhh, pick me!! Ya got any junk costume jewelry you want to get rid of?? Send it to me!! I use the stones and pieces to make antique frames.

Glad they didn't get into the house, Kim. They must've felt like complete a-holes. Any idea who??

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Woah!! That's scary, do you think you were home when it happened? Was it the same person who robbed you last time, you think?

Oh, no! I'm glad those stairs weren't in place.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Lucky you. I'm so glad the unsteps stopped them. That's all you need, huh?

I've been Boooo'd!

I'm glad they weren't able to get into the upstairs of the house!!

How are things with Ashley going??