Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you a snob?

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Are you a snob?

I mean about certain products that you buy. Will you only buy "Brand X" of a certain items, and nothing else???

I am!

I'm a Birkenstock sandal snob. I have bought a few other brands in a weak moment, and then they just sit in my closet and I never wear them more than once or twice, so that was just money down the drain. I've learned my lesson and buy nothing but Birks - which I practically live in when the weather permits. They're a little pricey but worth the extra $ and they never wear out!!!

I worked with a girl who is a Longaberger basket snob. She wouldn't caught dead buying anything else. I personally think they are way overpriced, and Peterboro baskets are just as nice (IMO) and a lot less expensive!

So what are you a snob about???

I guess you could say I'm a snob about my cat's dry food. Wilderness Blue is the only thing they eat, along with a half can in the morning (because Murphy had a thyroid problem, the vet recommended a half can in am and half can in pm). I can't afford to be a snob about anything right now. Money is very tight and I guy dented cans, beat up boxes of cereal, anything that's cheap. Sounds pathetic, but when you're on a fixed income, ya do what ya gotta do.

BTW, Birks are AWESOME, but I only buy the cheap knock offs.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I prefer Heinz Ketchup and Coke Zero although when Restraunts don't have Coke zero I drink the diet version.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I've become more of a snob about products that don't have a ton of chemicals. I don't prefer a particular brand, but I do like natural products.

My little dogs only get Pinnacle food, but honestly, I could pretty easily switch them if necessary without too much whining from either them or myself.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

If it's being a snob wanting good quality products, then I guess I am. I'd rather wait until I can afford something I want, than just buying cheap stuff. In the long run, it's really not that much more expensive, and you enjoy quality more.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    I can't afford to be a snob
    I'm with ya' there - I can't afford to be one anymore! And since I have 6 pair of Birks in different colors and styles, I won't be buying more any time soon. But I still won't wear anything else!!!

I buy store brands at the grocery store most all the time. That good old Walmart bread makes just as good a sandwich as the major brands. And when I buy clothes or the like - I never buy anything unless it's on sale.

Uncle Sam and his generous Social Security check has changed my spending habits drastically!

Jif Peanut Butter is about the only thing I am picky about.

When I go to a restaurant and they don't have Dr Pepper or Mr Pibb I ask if they have Coke or Pepsi. If they have Coke I will get the clear soda; Sprite, Sierra Mist whatever. If they have Pepsi I will get that. So I guess I'm sort of a soda snob?
    I am picky about my hair products. I find something that works good for my hair and I stick with it. I will go to several different stores just looking for my brand of hair product. I use salon brand shampoo and conditioner, but all the other stuff is just drug store or grocery store brand.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I'm pretty much a snob about one thing and that's my dogs food. Has to be quality. When it comes to me eating things, I really good care less.

When it comes to clothing and stuff, I could care less, as long as it's comfy. But I am very picky when it comes to purses and sunglasses, I only buy brand names, and it most likely will cost over $100. :O
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I mean about certain products that you buy. Will you only buy "Brand X" of a certain items, and nothing else???

I am!

I'm a Birkenstock sandal snob. I have bought a few other brands in a weak moment, and then they just sit in my closet and I never wear them more than once or twice, so that was just money down the drain. I've learned my lesson and buy nothing but Birks - which I practically live in when the weather permits. They're a little pricey but worth the extra $ and they never wear out!!!

LOL.. I'm the opposite with Birks. I hate wearing them. They hurt my feet when I've worn them.

The only brand of sandal I buy are NAOT. They are $$$, but they have the removable sole from the inside so you can always have "fresh" feet, but I still live in the older ones cause they just form to my feet.

When it comes to shoes, I'll only wear converse. I don't like wearing anything else. It feels uncomfortable and I'm not use to it. So I guess I'm a shoe snob.
    Last edited by snowbelle15; 02-08-2009 at 06:49 PM.

The only sneakers I buy are Reebok; they seem to suit my feet well, I have trouble with others. So I've learned to stick with what works.

And I only by Crest toothpaste and once in a while Sensodyne. None of the other brands.

I am not a snob, I am an educated consumer, lol. I learned what hurt my feet and what didn't!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I'm not a brand name person. Most of the time, I'm clue free when friends tell me they bought Berks or Oaks (apparently this is a brand of sunglasses)

I went thru a phase where I would buy the store brand diet cola -- whatever it was -- because it was cheaper. That lasted a few years and then I decided that I like Diet Coke. I like it a lot! And by golly, I'm gonna be a Diet Coke snob! So, that's the only brand name I have stayed loyal to.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

If it's affordable and I like it, I buy it. I'm not necessarily brand loyal except for one thing, my chocolate milk. It has to be Superior 1%. Any other brand is either too sweet, too thin or chalky.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Snob here or maybe just stupid!

Shoes - Merrill only (I live in Vermont!)
    Sandals - Teva
    Good Henkels knives
    Butter not Oleo
    Cloth napkins not paper
    Good appliances in the house
    Good car (just not new....1999...)
    So yes, I am a snob to a point.

I also spend a $$ on haircuts.

I try to invest when I buy. I don't buy many of one item just good (?) ones.

I could be foolish, but hey, I'm having fun!

SAS