Thread: Serious Cat Issues!

Serious Cat Issues!

My oldest cat Gidget who will be 5 in april is having problems, possibly behavior problems. Right before the new year I was woken up at 9am by my cat going crazy.... literally crazy. She was hissing, growling, and what i call "screaming" that loud high pitch noise that sounds like you are killing her. She later calmed down and was fine only to have the same thing happen multiple times throughout the day, then calming and then randomly freaking out again. I brought her to our vet and she was calm. The vet did a full physical and said she was in perfect health. Perfect temp., gums were fine, perfect body weight and great hydration levels. I cleaned out my bedroom, cleaned the carpets with baking soda, set it up with food, water, litter and a diffuser meant to calm cats and an herbal supplement for her water as well. She was moved in there and calmed down. Over the next couple weeks she was calm and slowly allowed me to pet her and be in the same room etc. So I let her out and she was fine with me, the rest of the apartment (which was also cleaned completely while she was in seclusion) and she was fine with our other younger cat. She had been fine for the last week and a half but earlier today she freaked out for a while, now she is back to normal, cuddled up next to me and very affectionate. The vet recommended blood tests to rule out any possible physical problems. A blood test will be done on friday. I didn't know if anyone had any suggestions or ideas with whats up with my little one. Thanks for reading, I look forward to responses.

Some cats with thyroid problems act that way.
    Maybe the blood test will show something.

Any physical symptoms? Maybe it was a seizure of some sort that was scaring her?
    I've Been Frosted

Is she spayed?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

It does sort of sound like some type of seizure. If she keeps doing it, I'd have her checked again and perhaps by yet another vet to get a second opinion. Sure hope Gidget will be ok. Please keep us posted.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Update

Took her in to get blood drawn, was fine. Will find out results tomorrow. She is spayed as well, for those that asked. will keep you posted

Any news???
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'll be curious to know what happens with the results of the blood test. This behavior sounds very similar to a cat my family had when I was growing up and we found out too late that what he was experiencing was seizures. I hope the vet can give you some clues. Be sure to let us know how Gidget is doing.
    **hugs**