Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May a mom brag a bit?

May a mom brag a bit?

My son's pic is now in the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland, OH. Someone took the pic of it w/her cell phone and emailed it to him and he just now emailed it to me so it looks a little fuzzy. He hates the pic because it was back in the day of mullets but I still think he looks handsome. For those of you who don't know, before he went into standup comedy, he was in radio and was the #1 on air personality in his time slot in Cleveland, OH for the entire time he was at WMMS, the Buzzard. He was the second person to broadcast live from the Rock 'n' Roll HOF, the first being John Lanigan who still reigns supreme in radio here in Cleveland. Thanx for indulging a bragging mom. :-)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

May a Mother brag ? Absolutely, I do it all the time.

I didn't know your son was in show biz.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I didn´t noticed the mullet until I read it... LOL..

how proud you should be... he sure looks handsome... but hey, what can you expect with such a mom..
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Thats pretty dang cool, mullet and all.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

I absolutely LOVE it when the good kids catch a break! You have a lot to be proud of, fellow Mom! Go ahead, tell EVERYONE you know and please update us as his career takes off!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

That is awesome! I am from Cleveland, so I think I will have to stop by and check that out next time when I am home...
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Go ahead mom, sounds like you have something to brag about. Of course you should fell proud, didn't know he was in show biz either.

Of course, you may brag. That's what mothers do best

I think that is really cool.

That is so cool! I really, really want to visit the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I have a friend from church who was there a couple of months ago and she said it was amazing. A friend of mine from college lives east of Cleveland so I could re-connect with her. Medusa, this is sooooo cool!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Very cool!!! I would be beaming with pride too. Where does he do his act? He looks familiar. Thanks for sharing!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    Very cool!!! I would be beaming with pride too. Where does he do his act? He looks familiar. Thanks for sharing!!
    He isn't an actor; he does stand up comedy. He's on the road quite a bit and has played a lot of the big name clubs. If you'd like, you can check out his website at www.lousantini.com or his My Space page at www.myspace.com/lousantini.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Thanx, everyone. It was last year at this time, one year ago tomorrow as a matter of fact, that he went to the emergency room w/that awful virus that partially paralyzed him for three weeks. I posted about it and asked for prayers because we had no idea of what was going on and since he lives in L.A. and I live in OH, it was doubly scary for us. He's ok now but it took months for him to get back to normal and he lost quite a bit of momentum in his career as well because he couldn't work or even perform the simplest of tasks for himself such as brushing his teeth. I'm thankful that I had my PT family to help us through it.
    Blessings,
    Mary

WOW !!! Of COURSE you may brag!! That's is what all mom's d:do!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

That's a great website, Mary. This is great. I had no idea your son is famous. I remember that terrible virus he had too. I know you're both glad that's behind you.

I still think he looks familiar. Maybe I'll figure it out eventually.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    That's a great website, Mary. This is great. I had no idea your son is famous. I remember that terrible virus he had too. I know you're both glad that's behind you.

I still think he looks familiar. Maybe I'll figure it out eventually.
    I wouldn't exactly say that he's famous, not yet anyhow. Here in Cleveland, he was quite the celebrity and he does have a faithful following who still contacts him through My Space, etc. When he plays comedy clubs here in OH, they all come out to see his shows.

If you think he looks familiar, you may think he looks like Steve Correll who plays on The Office. He's been told that so many times but I don't see the resemblance. He met Steve Correll and Correll did a double take. He just shot a trailer for a movie that spoofs Steve Correll movies. He's waiting to see if a studio will pick it up and produce it.
    Blessings,
    Mary