Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I finally read Twilight

I finally read Twilight

Well I decided it was time to crawl out from under my rock and see what all the hype was about. I LOVED it! In fact I'm so hooked I've ordered the second book (should be here tomorrow) and I'm probably going to order books 3 & 4. I was hoping to hold out for the paperback of those two but I know I can't wait that long.

So now I feel like I'm part of the club, finally.

Just wandering though, was the movie a let down from the book? Did you enjoy it too?

From Decker with Love

I loved the movie and saw it twice. My daughter was a little disappointed the first time but liked the movie the second time we saw it.

I want to see it again and will definitely buy the dvd.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I have not yet seen the movie, and will probably wait for DVD. I am a huge fan of the books, but so many movies do so poorly at bringing the book to "life" that I often kinda dread them!
    I've Been Frosted

Woot Woot!! I'm so glad that you liked it! Another fan has been "bitten" by the Twilight Saga
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I was quite happy with the movie, actually. I'm just disappointed they decided to keep the actor who played Jake.

Niņo & Eliza

My daughter Melissa went and saw the film twice she loved it,infact it inspired her to read, she hates reading, and so she asked us if we would buy her the book,no problem there, could not get there fast enough, she finally is reading, and we will be getting eclipse soon and one other, have forgotten the name right now, so thank you twilight.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I finished New Moon and still loving it. Guess I will break down and order the last two even though they are still in hardback. I'm anxious to read them all.

From Decker with Love

Ahh if I were closer I'd let you borrow them. Could you maybe request them from the library?
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

If you have a costco near you, you might want to see if they have Twilight in stock. We got our hardcover copies for $13 there

I loved the movie.. I've seen it 7 times LOL. I had seen the movie first, fell in love with it, and then gave in and read the books. I loved the movie, of course, but the books were just amazing!! There was a lot more potential, but I'm still pretty happy with the outcome. I'm not too happy about New Moon being filmed in March and released in November. I'm worried it'll just be too rushed and won't set up the story very well for the third and fourth book/movie.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I checked out Twilight at the library a couple of months ago but just could not get IN to it But, I went to the movie and was pretty mesmerized so now have it on reserve again at the library Like you Lori, I am mainly curious when I hear that so many folks are enjoying something and sometimes find that I am appreciative also. The last *new* thing I tried was a computer game - my first ever - and I am hooked. I love reading best of all and am looking forward to having a new saga to follow. I LOVE ongoing stories with lots of characters to get to know.

So maybe I will be part of the "club" eventually!! So far I am reserving judgement until I have actually done the reading.

I've read the books and seen the movie and I think the movie did a great job of portraying the plot.

Right now, I'm reading 'The Host' and am loving it!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I thought I would try eBay for a used copy of the last two books and OMG, I can't believe all the stuff for sale. A favorite is the bumper sticker "I drive like a Cullen". The pillowcases that say "The future Mrs. Edward Cullen sleeps here" are too funny too. It's amazing but I can't make fun because I'm sure if I was a teenager I'd want all that stuff.

Debbie - maybe you'll like it more on the second try. I wasn't too sure at first but then I got totally absorbed. I usually have a hard time with the winter blues in Jan. and Feb. and these books are just what I need to escape - easy reading that takes me along with it.

From Decker with Love

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcat View Post
    these books are just what I need to escape - easy reading that takes me along with it.
    EXACTLY what I think. Much easier to get into them then deal with my own worries.

Niņo & Eliza

I just started reading Twilight and I'm really loving it.
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

I think I'm the only one in this town who is not obsessed with the series. I've never had an interest in it but people are begging me to read it. I don't want it to pull me under into the grip of obsession! It happened to me like...2 times already. I never liked POTC until I saw the movie, I WAS OBSESSED I TELL YOU! I never liked the Jonas Brothers or Camp Rock, then I saw it. Can you guess what happened from there? I just don't want to be a Twilight geek. XD Plus, I think Rob Pattinson is the ugliest person alive, THAT I'm afraid will never change. Should I take the plunge? I'm hesitant.