Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: **Thursday #297 Remembering Our Blessings**

**Thursday #297 Remembering Our Blessings**

I thought we would start this Thursday with Remembering Our Blessings for 2008 & All of Life.. I am Blessed everyday with the surrounding breath of my babies & their devoted Love.. Come Orc lets get the fire going so we can all sit around with our Hot CoCo all cuddled up & warm Noting our Blessings..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

lvpets2002, I'm thankful that despite all my varied medical issues I can still enjoy the Christmas season. My thoughts go out to people that can't enjoy the season through loss of job, illness, or other problems. May they be blessed, too. Ahot chocolate by the fire would be perfect.

I am grateful

My mom. She and I are all that's left of our family. We get along, she is 75 going on 40, and takes great care of herself!

For my friends in my town and the city, who are there for me if I ASK and reach out!

For all my friends here on PT, supportive people - we are all there for each other even if we have never met!

For my 12-Step groups and friends there...after 4 days or so of meltdowns and nosebleeds, to be reminded I need to get to more meetings and to soak in the recovery and recharge my ailing battery.

For my clients, most of whom are wonderful and great people.

For starting a new job in a downward economic climate and having to be careful I don't take on too much work.

I have a warm place to live, food to eat, and a reliable car.

For knowing that in many of my computer jobs, I am successful and do well, and am learning.

For my colleagues in the computer company who are just a Blackberry message away and who will help me all they can even if they just have a minute (appreciated during this holiday season).

For being sober, able to breathe, walk and use all my faculties...I have so much to be grateful for.

MY KITTIES! Oscar and Cole, my loving and beloved furbabies.

Move over, David - me and my hot chocolate are sharing the couch!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I have much to be grateful for as I post this from my job, which looks like I will have for a long time. The types of cases I'm working on has changed - I really don't like having eviction papers served on Christmas Eve, but our clients are the landlords and that's just the nature of our business.

I will be spending Christmas day with my sister's family and my God-Dog Tonight will be a quiet Christmas Eve with my beautiful Mitzi and you, dear Pet Talk peeps. I'm so grateful to have all of you in my life.

I'll take a cuppa egg nog and get back to work!
    Last edited by RedHedd; 12-24-2008 at 04:19 PM.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Yeppers.

I had me self a grand pity party yesterday.

LOL, For the last two weeks, it's been me and the cat living in mom's house.

Today I woke up strolled over to the store and got some beef short ribs, t bones steaks and a some other items.

I did stop at the Thai food place and ordered some take out to pick up on the way home.......

I just cleaned out the fire place swept the deck and am going to make some ribs, taters, carrots and tortillas......

LOLOLOLOL, just can't get the Mexican out of me!!!!

Anyone for a spiked nog or two?
    DONE!

You have a taker, RICHARD! Spiked eggnog and Christmas Eve seem to go together. Who put the wreath around Orc's neck??

Quote Originally Posted by david p View Post
    You have a taker, RICHARD! Spiked eggnog and Christmas Eve seem to go together. Who put the wreath around Orc's neck??
    LOL,

DONE!

JUst make sure you don't hit the wrong button when you do the wreath thing!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    LOL,

DONE!

JUst make sure you don't hit the wrong button when you do the wreath thing!

Thanks for reminding me, RICHARD! That would not be the time for an itchy trigger finger. LOL!

I get to work tonight and tomorrow, yay. At least I have a job which is something I can be thankful for!

I'm glad I can celebrate Christmas with my PT family, since my family is so far away. The plan was that we would be home with my parents over the holiday but due to a bunch of BS it didn't happen. So I volunteered to work...might as well make the money right?

I could use a hug and something comforting. I'm not feeling very cheery right now

Sad Christmas for me without my little Luke. I know I still have tons to be grateful for though like my Leonardo and the other two. But sometimes it's hard being alone when you are missing one special one at Christmas.
    forget the nog, just give me the spike!!!

Christmas is the only time of year I feel like getting drunk and staying that way until after the first. Good thing I don't really drink or I probably would.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MOFF,

Come over here and I'll make you a cyber drink that will keep you good and pissed for the next week or so.

DONE!

DJ,

Dang straight, I used to work the swing and got myself into some Christmas eve and NYE shifts......2.5 times the pay.....and the government kept their share!

Anyway, You know you can get cyberhugs here anytime....I'll be in and out of the bar for a while....DONE!

I have to much to be thankful for to list, the job, my babies, my family, my health.. a endless list..

I just made chocolate pie! (still warm) Anybody want any with their egg nog? I also have a fresh pan of bread pudding the the fridge chilling and anybody wants a piece of that, sitting right by a bag of homemade pralines!

Egg nog? Darn, wish I'd made some sinckerdoodles!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Laura's Babies View Post

Egg nog? Darn, wish I'd made some sinckerdoodles!
    Me, Me!

I want some!

OH lord.....

I made some short ribs with celery, carrots, onions and smashed potatoes....

I think I am going to die, that's how good they are....anyone?

Oh Lordy, look who's into the spiked Nog!

I'm snowed in at home with my Mom already laying down on the couch. You see, we both got into the G & T at about 5pm and right now (after I get another drink here) I need to get supper ready.

Tomorrow, just Mom and me. Mimosa first, then spiked coffee, then big breakfast. Afternoon will be full of nibblies and drinks and talk. Just the way I like it.

OK, I'll take one of them there spiked Nogs and make it a double please.

The list for what I'm thankful of goes on and on and on. No point in listing it all here.

Merry Christmas to everyone!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Too many blessings to list or to count, among them getting to met Miss Ola Marie Morrison at tonight's Christmas Eve service. She's my friend's baby, born just two weeks and two days ago, and had a pretty dress her grandma gave her for her first Christmas.

Family, friends, and all of you! And many more blessings ...

I'll have some not-spiked eggnog, please! And DJFyrewolf36, sending you some hugs and favorite carols, sung a cappella so not elevator music like! Your blessings include your sweet little boy!
    I've Been Frosted