Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boone needs prayers please

Boone needs prayers please

I had to take him to the vet today and they admitted him. I had given him and Kersey a cow femur bone and, being the competitive boy he is, he ate his too fast so that he made sure Kersey wouldn't eat it. He does not have an obstruction, thank goodness, but he's badly dehydrated. He ate too much, too fast. He has colitis or something. He is unable to hold down anything, even water comes right back out when he drinks it.

I had just gotten back from the ER myself as I have a severe case of bronchitis and I can't hardly breathe, and I get home (after only sleeping 1.5 hours last night because my lungs/chest hurt so bad and every breath made me cough and every cough felt like a knife stabbing my chest) to find that Boone had, once again, vomited in his kennel and he didn't touch the handful of food or bowl of ice cubes I gave him. He didn't even lift his head when I came to greet him, poor sick baby.

I think he'll be OK but I hope he starts being able to hold down his food so he can come home tomorrow. I miss him so bad already and so does Kersey, Quinn and my husband.

Quinn cried at the vet hospital when they took her "B" away. She cried at the door they took him through and kept yelling "B.....B......B" (she calls him B).

He's a very loved boy. It's so hard to see your kids, both skin and fur, sick Please pray that he'll be OK and that he'll sleep OK in his first night without us. Poor baby boy is so sick

Thanks for any prayers you can offer my gentle, wonderful, kind, sweet, loved Mister B.

Aww, I have tears in my eyes right now. Poor Quinn, she doesn't understand all of this.
    I will be in the same situation tomorrow night without my Tazmoe home with me. Just keep in mind he needs to be there so he can get better. That's what I keep telling myself. I know it's so hard though.

Hugs to you, Kersey, Quinn and hubby.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

In our prayers!!!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

Boone will be in my prayers. I hope he gets to come home tomorrow. Also hoping you feel better soon.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Oh no!!! Boone is in my thoughts and prayers. *hugs*

You two! I hope you both heal up quickly.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

<picks up Prayer Line> <dials God>

Hi God ~

Please help Boone to get da bone stuff flushed out - so things "flow thru"
    wiffout havin back-ups.

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

Thank you everyone. It means a lot to us.

Oh, I hope Boone will be alright!

*hugs*

Tell Quinn he'll be home soon enough!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Awwww. I hope your next post will say that Boone is back home with Quinn. (you guys too but Quinn doesn't get it). I'm so sorry you all are sick. When it rains, it pours. Prayers that everyone feels better soon.

I've been Boooo'd!

Lots of good thoughts for Boone to back home with Quinn soon. Hope you are feeling much better soon too - bronchitis is miserable
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I hope he starts feeling better soon!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

How is Boone doing today? Hope he's doing better!

HUGS to Boone!

I am certainly sorry that Boone is not well and I pray that he will be better soon. Poor Quinn, she is just way too young to understand.

However, I am also concerned with your health. Bronchitis is terrible especially when you feel you can't breath. The pain of coughing is awful too. And then to come home to try to clean up after Boone and get him to the vet ..... wow, take care of yourself too Leslie, the family all needs you to be better!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Thanks everyone. Boone still wont eat. He can't come home until he eats so I'm having hubby go to vet to try to hand feed him some chicken. I hope he eats, we can't afford him staying another night. Already as it is we have no idea how we're going to pay the vet bill on top of my emergency room bill. We'll just have to figure something out, but it's $200 a night to keep him there, so we're praying that he comes home both because we miss him like heck and we're totally flat broke even before all these new bills piled on.

Missy was kind enough to take Quinn to the park with her and her two boys, Tyler and Austin. I'm so thankful for Missy! She's so wonderful! I was able to do my breathing treatment (I can't while Quinn is around because she won't let me just sit there undisturbed and do the breathing treatment) and to get some extra much needed rest.

I hope my boy comes home today We all miss him so bad! Quinn is just devistated without him, too. I can't tell you how many times she yells out "B....B.....B" only to discover he's still not around. I think, of the two dogs, Boone is her favorite. He plays with her more, Kersey is the lover and Boone is the player, and although she loves to cuddle, she likes even more to play.

Poor Boone, and poor you and Quinn! Tell Quinn that B is at the doggie hospital, and he will come back home as soon as he can, okay? Breathe, momma, breathe!