Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Something is wrong with Taz, New Question Post #39

Something is wrong with Taz, New Question Post #39

My little man is not well. In the beginning of last month we had an episode where I came home from work and found Taz trembling. He would appeared to be in pain, but was willing to go for a walk and eliminated fine, but he wouldn't eat. The same thing the following morning, so I took him to the vet. She could not find anything wrong, but did give him some pain meds. After two days he was back to normal.
    Okay, fast forward to Tuesday. I was off for Election day, and Taz, Ginger and I all went to the park and had a good time. We came back and Taz was very clingy. I later that afternoon I went to the store, and when I came home I found him trembling, he refused to eat. Is not real willing to go for a walk, but will go out to go potty. I started giving him his pain med, and I called his vet yesterday. We talked about the fact that it could be his heart, and that it could be congestive heart failure, we talked about the fact that it may be Lyme's disease (just based on the fact that it could cause similar symptoms, and I live in an area where it is fairly common). She will have the cardiologist call me today. She further stated that if he doesn't get better I should bring him in for fluids if nothing else. Taz is definitely not better. He is lethargic, trembling and not eating or drinking. I will call the vet in about 45 minutes to see when I can bring him in. He would not even get in bed with Ginger and I last night; he crawled under the bed. So, any prayers you can spare would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Ginger's Mom; 11-12-2008 at 07:09 PM.

I'll be thinking of you and Taz today. I very much hope that they can do something to him. Please let us know.

oh no Sending prayers to you and Taz that all will be okay. Give the little guy some hugs from me and tell him that I will be thinking about him all day. Please let us know what you find out.

My Duke acts like that on occasion, have them test for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Duke has that from a tick years ago and sometimes after over exertion he will get "trembles" through his body, he does not want to eat, has trouble lying down and getting comfortable, usually paces a lot. He just gets antibiotics when he has a flare and the occasional aspirin for any joint pain, as it causes arthritis.
    ~Traci, Duke, Champ, Chopper and Ryleigh

On occasion I have been know to speak Chopperese.

Joyce this is alarming for me just to read so I know you must be extremely worried. I will be thinking of you and Taz today and hoping that the vet can pinpoint the problem quickly and that it isn't too serious. (((hugs))) to you and gentle (((hugs))) to Taz.

Awe... poor little guy! I'll be keeping you all in my thoughts today. I hope it will be something easy to treat, and that Taz will be back to his normal self soon!!

Thoughts on the way for Sweet Taz and Mommy!
    ((hugs))
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Oh dear, Poor Taz, Poor You!

It is so difficult when they don't feel well, can't tell us what is wrong, and we can't seem to find any way to comfort them! Praying that the white coats find some answers. Diagnostic is half way to healing!

Sorry to hear Taz-man isn't feeling well. Thoughts of thoughts and prayers coming your way that the vet can help figure out what is wrong and help him feel better.

Oh that is sad to hear about Taz. I hope that the vet will be able to find out what is wrong and easily find a "fix".

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Thank you very much everyone. We are home (actually I am at work now). The vet tested for everything, liver, lung, thyroid, glucose, heartworm, Lyme, Rocky Mountain Fever, and one other tick borne illness that I am not familiar with, and moved pulled and palpatated every part of his little body. It was all negative. Which means it is most likely his heart, and he may have moved into congestive heart failure. I have made an appointment with a cardiologist for 2:00 on Monday, if I cannot get him to start eating or drinking before that I can take him to the emergency room at the cardiology hospital. I did insist on them giving him sub-q's this morning, hoping that it would perk him up. It hadn't as of 12:30 this afternoon. So we will see. Once I get him to the cardiologist I am hoping there is some medication they can put him on to help him.

Anyway, thank you again. I will keep you informed.

our thoughts are with you.... poor lil guy.... ((hugs))
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Oh no!! Poor Taz. Prayers coming from the crew here that whatever is going on with him is treatable. Hang in there and think positive!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Thank you again. I am actually feeling a little better. The rehydration seems to have helped. He was willing to go for a walk when I got home from work, then took a big drink when he came in and ate a small dinner (I didn't want to give him too much). At least at this point I feel like he will be alright until we get to the cardiologist on Monday. *sigh of relief*

Oh no. I hope the little guy gets better.
    Prayers for you and lil Taz.

Oh gosh, Joyce, how scary!

Here's to hoping little Taz man's issues are all fixed soon. Please keep us updated.

{{HUGS}}

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits