Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayers and well wishes needed / UPDATE POST #14

Prayers and well wishes needed / UPDATE POST #14

Yesterday I noticed that my grandkitty Sades was just not quite himself, but my son kept saying, "No, he's okay Mom, he's just chillin today." But later on he agreed that he wasn't himself. I put Sades to the test and brought out a tin of wet food and got the plates ready. Usually he is the first one that bolts and I mean "BOLTS" into the kitchen when he knows I am getting ready to give them their treat. But not yesterday. He somberly came into the kitchen and when I gave him his plate, he just ate a bit and then left to lay back down in the cat bed. My son knew right then and there that there was something definately wrong with his cat. My son went to pick him up and Sades let out a cry. We noticed when he put him back down that he had a slight limp to his back right leg and was walking just not right. I figured that maybe he landed a little too hard when he jumped off the bureau and that he would be better by the next day, but unfortunately he isn't.

We will be leaving soon to bring him to the vets to see what is what. It's going to be a long wait as they are very busy today. You have to take a number and wait your turn. I'll update ASAP.

So, if you could please send out some prayers for my Grandkitty that it isn't anything serious.

He basically hasn't left this spot since yesterday except that one time when I put the wet food down. I can see that he isn't well. Poor baby.
    Last edited by rg_girlca; 10-13-2008 at 08:09 PM. Reason: To add to the title of the thread.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Oh no - I hope it's "just" a sore muscle.

PT Prayers for Sades!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Praying that he's ok!

Oh dear, prayers for Sades!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Poor Sades. Not only does Decker look like him but he also sounds like him about food, first to bolt.

I sure hope he's okay and will be feeling better soon. Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.

From Decker with Love

Fingers and paws crossed here for Sades.

Sending prayers and positive vibes to Sades!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Any News Yet?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Prayers coming from me and the girls here in Indiana. Hope Sades is well soon.

I will keep checking back for an update.
    Proud Meowmie of Sasha

RIP sweet Tabitha, my heart kitty. You are loved and missed every day. 1988 - 2010

Oh boy, that doesn't sound good. Poor little guy just isn't himself. Thank goodness that you trust your instincts and got him into the vet. Praying for a really good report.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Prayers and good wishes and healing energies are coming from us.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm so sorry to hear about this! Many prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please let us know how things are going?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

THE FOUND CAT ANGELS WILL LEAVE A BOWL OF TUKEY AND CRAB LEG MEAT WITH DRAWN BUTTER FOR SADES , TO HELP KEEP HIS SPIRITS UP.
    WE ARE SENDING PRAYERS FOR THE LITTLE ONE THAT ALLS WELL, AND THERES NOTHING SEIOUS WRONG WITH YOUR LITTLE GRAY GUY.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Sorry for the late update, but we left later than expected and just got back home about 15 minutes ago.

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

Well, my suspicions were right. The vet said that he most likely jumped off something high the wrong way. It could have been the bureau or the cat tree. He said he most likely bruised his back end because he was very tender there when he examined him and when he put Sades down on the floor to see how he walked, he let out a cry. You could clearly see that his back end was not working right. So he is on anti-inflammatories for one week and we have to TRY and keep him from jumping up on things. I think he knows he can't anyway, because he is back in the cat bed, where he usually never sleeps. My son has two small bureau's stacked on top of one another, beside a lower bureau and he always sleeps on the stackable ones.

Thank you again everyone.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Thanks for the update, Lorraine. Groucho and I stiil feel bad that Sades doesn't feel too good but we're relieved to know it's nothing too serious. Now, how do you keep a kitty from jumping up on things?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE