Thread: New lens for my camera! *pics!*

New lens for my camera! *pics!*

I recently got a 55-200mm 1:4-5.6 Nikkor VR lens for my Nikon D40. Love it! Here's a few pics from the apple orchard a few weeks ago.

My cousin's daughter Cameron picking apples.

Gavin found a couple...

And so did Jet, Cameron's little brother.

Cheese! (Gavin got a little distracted )

Cameron and Jet.

More coming...

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Enough apples, how about the hay ride?

Got really dark, but never rained!

Then lunch... a lunch of apple pie and apple dumplings, of course.

Then the corn maze... Gavin took a shortcut!

More coming...

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Play time!

Cam being a goof

Few more...

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Cam and Gavin

The little Jet

Cam and Jet

The end.

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Very nice! I've been trying to decide whether or not to get the D60 or D80 or splurge and go with the new D90. I thought I could get another lens if I went with the 60. I went to visit them at Best Buy yesterday.

I've been learning to do better with my digital photo processing and teaching my hubby how it works. Some of these pix really caught my attention and I wanted to try processing them to make them 'pop' even more.

With permission from the photographer (I hope you like them and thank you for letting me try), here is the few I worked on with the originals. (and no I don't have Photoshop, mine's a different program that does just a bit more than photoshop elements does)

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl View Post
    My cousin's daughter Cameron picking apples.

Got really dark, but never rained!

Play time!

Cam and Gavin

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Aww, they look so nice! Thank you! =]

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Great pictures!

I still don't know what brand to check out on about a SLR digital camera - Nikon or Canon -

I can't believe how much Gavin has grown, how old is he now? I remember when he was only a year old when you posted about him on here!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I love the photos of all three children together. Great shots! And, that last photo looks a lot like my Finn!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Gavin turned 5 in June, so in December-ish he'll be 5 and a half. I can't believe how time flies!

That little boy is still my whole world. He started kindergarten this year too! I can't believe it. Seems like just yesterday he was learning to walk! Now the kid can count to a hundred, write his name and quite a few other words, and he's even learning to read!

*sigh* I love him to death, lol.

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Awww I simply LOVE pics of playing children!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by CountryWolf07 View Post
    I still don't know what brand to check out on about a SLR digital camera - Nikon or Canon -

Doesn't matter really. Both companies are the top sellers worldwide and make very good products. All things being equal you can't go wrong with either. Just be aware that if you're looking into SLR you should carefully look over the selection and prices of lenses available. For the most part once you pick a brand you're kinda stuck with it for lenses since it's quite expensive to switch systems later if you've already invested alot of money in them. IMHO Canon has a better selection of lenses with some good prices on them.

Just be sure to find one that feels comfortable to use, and you can easily use the buttons/menus. Comfort first, features second, name brand last.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

I just ordered a Nikon DSLR. I ended up getting the D60 for now because I can afford the camera and more lenses right now rather than just the D90 and the lens kit that comes with it. I may decide to exchange it for the D90 once I try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Moesha View Post
    I just ordered a Nikon DSLR. I ended up getting the D60 for now because I can afford the camera and more lenses right now rather than just the D90 and the lens kit that comes with it. I may decide to exchange it for the D90 once I try it out.
    Unless you really, really want to shoot video, I'd go with the D80 over the D90. I have the D80 and adore it! I have a D40 too, which I also really like. The only substantive difference is the video in the D90--however, the autofocus doesn't work in video mode. Most of the reviews of the video mode aren't great. Give the D90 a couple months on the market and the price of the D80 will plummet! Similar to what Catlady711 said, bodies come and go, glass is forever! In a year or so, Nikon will release the D100 and even the D90 will be outdated! The lenses will still be good!

Be careful which lenses you get with the D60. Much like the D40, some lens will not be fully functional--no autofocus. Older Nikon lenses and third party lenses won't work, except in fully manual mode. My Sigma big zoom lens, which I love, is a total PITA on the D40!

I have the same lens these pics were shot with too! Nice pics!!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving