Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite PT story or thread?

What is your favorite PT story or thread?

I've thought about posting this for a few weeks and now with Randi's suggestion in the "bump" thread, I thought it was a good time. Many of you have been around here for years while others of us are newbies. In the time that you've been here on PT, do you have a favorite story or thread that shows the true spirit of pettalkers that you'd like to mention or post a link to so the others of us can read it? I know that I've gone back and read a few. One of the first ones that I can think of was how NoahsMommy was helped by so many on here. What is your favorite?

I don't think I can pick from all the great threads we have had in the past,
    but my very favorite thing is reading a new story every single day on the
    POTD, DOTD & COTD.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I have a gazillion favorites, but this one:

dare you to click, and not laugh

is one of my favorites. Old, sure. Applicable to this day? Absolutely!

Karen, I'm glad you posted this one. I was just thinking of it this morning when I was on the floor with Zoee and her feet got close to my face. Yup, I too smelled Fritos!! LOL

There are lots of great stories and threads on Pet Talk. But this one always sticks out in my mind. It's long, but such a great, wonderful story. Unfortunately, it's so old the pictures are no longer viewable, sorry.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I can't believe that I was just crawling on my hands and knees on the floor - trying to coax Myndi out from under the bed so I could smell her feet!!!! She wasn't buying in to it tho. Sparky was on the bed so I got him okay, but he must think I've really lost it. Frito Feet for sure - but not a real strong smell. I need a vacation!!!!!

I absolutely love Frito Feet!!!!!
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

This is one of my favorites... Dasher's "Happiness Is..." thread
    http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthre...ferrerid=14351

This is another... about Edwina and Eddie
    http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthre...ferrerid=14351

and any thread starring kfamr's precious Muttlies
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee
    There are lots of great stories and threads on Pet Talk. But this one always sticks out in my mind. It's long, but such a great, wonderful story. Unfortunately, it's so old the pictures are no longer viewable, sorry.
    I'm sad that the pictures are gone, but I'm enjoying reading the story. I've gotten through 10 of the 40ish pages. It is definitely very heartwarming!

I think someone must have mentioned the fritos thread somewhere before or something because I have read at least part of that one as well.

Keep the links coming!

Of course, the one that touches my heart the most is here:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...hlight=nomilyn

Also, any thread about "Bassett" in cat health still will always bring a tear to my eye

Definitely loved the "Frito Feet" and that was the first one to come to mind. But I would be remiss if I didn't refer to the original "Cinder and Smokey"" thread (haven't gone to get a link). It was wonderful!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Definitely loved the "Frito Feet" and that was the first one to come to mind. But I would be remiss if I didn't refer to the original "Cinder and Smokey"" thread (haven't gone to get a link). It was wonderful!!!!
    Oh, I don't think I've seen that one. I just love reading Phred's posts. Can someone find it, please??

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Oh, I don't think I've seen that one. I just love reading Phred's posts. Can someone find it, please??
    Here it is. Someone sent it to me in an PM a while back.

I simply can't decide on only one, so here are three I really enjoyed! We all had SO much fun!

The Cruise Of The Good Ship "Feline Princess"

Lily is ready for the Olympics!! Who wants to join her?

Dear Phred

If anyone wants all the threads that was voted the best, send me a PM. I have all the titles in one doc.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I love any of the happy endings.
    Like when a PT pup(or cat!) that had been missing finds their way back home. Seeing an update that one of PT's very own made it back to their owner safe and sound is probably my favorite thing to log-on and see! The first ones that come to mind is Glacier's Delta and Kfamr's Kiara, but I am sure there are many more that I am forgetting at the moment.
    The Minions:
    {The Dog: Towser & Raiden} {The Cats: Khaith, Martha, Adelaide, Snowball, & Floki} {The Bird: Gir}

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger's Mom View Post
    Here it is. Someone sent it to me in an PM a while back.
    Cool, thanks!