Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We've adopted two cats!

We've adopted two cats!

Well, we did it, we found a cat that needed a home and that would hopefully help Jimmy be happier after losing his two best friends in the last year. The thing is, the cat we found had bonded with another fellow at the SPCA and they could only be adopted together. So now we have two new family members!
    The search started weeks ago and I found a cat named Wallace at the SPCA in the town I used to live in. ( I did check my local SPCA each day but hadn't found the 'right' guy). I contacted them and discovered that this neat looking orange and white guy I had found online had been badly attacked by a raccoon and his family had signed him over to the SPCA because they were going to have him put down rather than get him fixed up.
    He is a very, very gentle boy and quite timid. He was afraid at the shelter. There was another cat there named Simba that had belonged to an elderly woman who had dementia that had progressed to the point that she no longer knew she even had a cat. Her family surrendered Simba to the shelter. He too is so gentle and he was also very scared. These two guys found each other at the shelter (about a month ago) and bonded immediately. They slept together, ate together and groomed each other. So the SPCA decided that they needed to find a home together.
    We were going to travel there to get them ourselves but it would be a few hours drive and a few ferries and my husband had just gone through surgery so they said that they would contact the floatplane company and see if the airline would offer to fly the boys for free. And they did!
    We've had them for over a week now and they are part of the family.

I've put together a collection of pics and footage of their first day here and their second and then some from just a few days ago. They are so lovable and we adore them.
    Jimmy really likes Wallace and Paddy really likes Simba and I think in time, they will all become very good friends.
    We were going to change Simba's name to Gromit so they'd be 'Wallace and Gromit' but Simba's fur is so beautiful and the softest that we have ever touched so we're going to name him Mink! We're going to work it in slowly so it's not confusing for him. For awhile he will be Simba-Mink and then we'll begin to just call him Mink. Wallace will keep his name.

p.s. Jimmy became very ill this morning and was rushed to the hospital. He is fighting an internal infection of some kind. We're hoping to have him home soon so he can be back with Paddy and his new brothers. Jimmy's thread.

Here is the video of Wallace and Mink:
    Last edited by Emeraldgreen; 09-04-2008 at 10:09 PM.

Come back! The video link isn't working and need to see Wallace and Simaba-Mink! LOL

Doesn't work for me either.

Sorry about that! I've fixed it now.

Oh they are so precious! Mink looks just like my brother's family's cat, Tom Cooter! I'm amazed at how well everyone got along so quickly. That is such a nice story and I'm glad you could help two kitties who desperately needed some love. It was funny because as I was watching the video I asked myself, "I wonder if they've gotten to go in the bus to the outdoor enclosure." Then the next thing I knew there was that video! Thanks for sharing it. And I sure hope Jimmy does well and gets to come home soon.

I love your house!

Mink cracks me up with that tunnel - and his mackeral tabby markings are wonderful.

Wallace reminds me of my Duffy, although your Wallace is a bit lighter in color. The sweetness shines through. Which one weas licking Mink - was that Jimmy?

Thank you for adopting those beautiful boys. I'm sending prayers for Jimmy.

What sweeties!!! You definitely got two wonderful boys there! Wallace looks like such a nice boy, and Simba/Mink is just too funny with his tunnel playing. I love his tabby markings! Wow!

I want Paddy!! He's just this big hunk of love looking cat! He's huge!!! He reminds me of my sweet boy Calloway, lol. Must be a tuxie thing.

Pets and belly rubs to all!!!

Congratulations on your two new babies.

What lucky boys that they get to live in Lara's house! They're so sweet and how easily they fit right in. May I move in, too? I love your house and furnishings. Bless you and may you all bring each other joy for decades.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh I love them both! Wallace looks so laid back but I bet in a few weeks he'll be zooming around!

You done good!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

What lucky boys they are to have such a loving home. I've got LES major!!! Congratulations on your new extended family.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Congratulations on your new additions Wallace and Mink are two very fortunate boys to be adopted into such a wonderful home I am so amazed at how well everyone is getting along - outstanding I can't wait to see more photos!!

Healing thoughts and lots of hugs for poor little Jimmy. I hope the infection clears quickly and he can come home to play
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

What gorgeous boys they are, and so lucky they get to live with you! It's amazing how well they all get along in such a short time. So relaxed and playful.

Where did get that tunnel? I've been thinking of making/getting one for Fister, I'm sure he'd love it!

Thanks for sharing the video, it was fun to see!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Many Congrates Babies on your new FurrEver Home.. Both you Handsome Boys are Adorable..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Everyone pretty much covered what I was thinking.
    Those are two handsome and lucky boys to be with you. I loved seeing them playing. They look so comfortable already in their new home.
    And Paddy on his back...LOVED it!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)