Thread: A dog's life - Now with MORE LES!.

A dog's life - Now with MORE LES!.

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_10027349

Dennis McCarthy does it again.

I love L.A.
    Last edited by RICHARD; 08-01-2008 at 04:55 PM. Reason: News kept getting better!

Wow. LES here for sure.

Can you please let us know if they are reunited, Richard?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    Wow. LES here for sure.

Can you please let us know if they are reunited, Richard?
    Absolutely.

The paper does a bang-up job on following up his stories.....just like the dog and the sheep that were lost a while ago!

That is great, thanks for sharing!

From Decker with Love

Oh my gosh. Tears streaming down my face.

Look at that sweet, happy face of Kaiser! I hope they find his owner and that they can be reunited. It would be nice if someone who sees it can find some lodging for the homeless vet as well.

Ya did it again RICHARD. Reduced me to tears. But in a good way. I pray they find the homeless veteran so he can be reunited with his BFF.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I just post the links.

Dennis McCarthy is one of the best 'small town' writers on the planet.

He writes about people and the things that happen here in Lost Angeles. He doesn't boggle you, or make you run to the dictionary trying to find out what words mean. He writes to your heart and your head.

I cannot tell you how many times I have 'leaked' reading his columns.

LOL, I don't read him in public!

---------------

The one thing that really peeves me is the cops in the Granada Hills area.

GH is an mid-to uppity area of the valley where people get really stupid about the neighborhood.

As you go west in the valley the neighborhoods are filled with the Neighborhood Watch Gestapo. Kinda like the condo police. They take their complaints to the area/neighborhood meetings and the stupid councilpeople burden the cops with these rules to enforce.

The cops are LAPD, BTW.

Instead of waiting until the people who put up the flyers leave and taking them down themselves, they make a big deal about it and use valuable city resources to clean up a rather benign problem.
    I understand the area people wanting to keep their area clean, but they are some of the laziest dopes in the planet. They think nothing of walking over to a trash can and putting some trash in, but if something happens to fall out they won't make the effort to pick it up.

My neighborhood isn't the spiffiest, but I have seen more ashtrays emptied out in the parking lots of the more upscale areas.

When the 94 earthquake hit there was a program to help the residents clean up the material that was destroyed. They city asked the residents to put out piles of trash on the curb on certain days and the city would come by and pick it up.

There was more crap from people's garages than there was rubble. It was too much of a good deal to pass up...some areas of the city weren't afforded that luxury and for a long time some of the hoods farther away from the Northridge area had piles of shiat in the streets long after.

I can see where a flyer stuck a telephone pole could be construed as a real problem for their neighborhood!
    Last edited by RICHARD; 07-29-2008 at 08:49 PM. Reason: the poh leece and 'flyer watch'!

Thank you for sharing. His writing just flows, he knows how to tell a story, and make you feel it.

LES here as well. I pray he will get his best friend back.

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

That is the most fantastic, awesome happy ending I've ever read. McCarthy has done it again and is a credit to his profession.

I hope both Kaiser and his master live a long happy life together. And yes I have LES, AGAIN!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Woo Hoo!! I happy endings. I read this before I went to lunch and I was glad I was leaving the building because I was in tears again. Happy tears of course. This is so great!!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

OMG.... BIG time LES here....

That was Such a wonderful story.

I'm at a loss for words, I'm so happy they're together again.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by pitc9 View Post
    OMG.... BIG time LES here....

You guys are a bunch of wussies.

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_10062020

Third time this week!!!!!!

It always amazes me how people can be sooooooo great when it come to our attention.

Awww, that is awesome!