Thread: Southern California Earthquake

Southern California Earthquake

Hope everyone and their pets are ok in great L.A. area. I felt it hit in San Diego, so I can imagine that it was rocking and rolling up there.

Looks to have been a 5.8 centered west of Chino Hills with no major damage reported yet.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...153-quake.html

It was just downgraded to a 5.4. I spoke to my son in L.A. and he said that there's no damage but that he really felt it!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Where is Lucy Jones?

IT was a pretty good shaker, enough to catch you attention and make you think about where you want to run to.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    IT was a pretty good shaker, enough to catch you attention and make you think about where you want to run to.
    I've never been in anything more than a couple of mild tremors here in TN. They were the type you had to wait for the news to confirm it was one. Can't imagine anything that shook that hard with follow up aftershocks.

I was standing in the front yard of my babysitter's house when her gas stove exploded. Whoa! I felt the earth move then. I must have been only 6 but I remember it well.

Hope everyone is okay!

From Decker with Love

Glad that there seems to have been no major damage, RICHARD, I thought you were going to say it made you think about where you wanted to live!
    I've Been Frosted

The goods outweigh the bads.

I was sitting down and thought "Hmmmmm, that was a jolt, followed by some rolling, another jolt and some more rolling", by then you have already figured out that it's an earthquake and don't have to do anything.'

Kate Hutton and Lucy Jones are the people who ALWAYS show up on the tube to give you a breakdown about what went on.

-------

The best part about them is when they happen during a newscast.
    There are some classic clips of newsheads panicking during a quake.

NO matter where you go there is Mom Nature to give you a reminder......

Just saw a news clip on our local news about the quake. Wow, I'll bet
    that got everyones attention.

Hope everyone out that way is ok.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

To all my fellow pters in beautiful california, i hope you are all safe and well, and that there are no after shocks, take care all.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

There was a thread a while back and we were laughing about earthquakes and the joke was, "Call us Cah Lee Fuh Nee Ahns when you get a 5.0 or bigger."

If I see the brick building that crumbled one more time....

In every quake there is a photo of a place that gets repeated over and over again.

In the 94 quake there was the gas line in the street that ruptured and caught on fire.

I remember seeing it on the cover of World News Weekly with the caption-QUAKE OPENS PORTALS OF HELL...lol, that was funny!

Lol!

I felt the earthquake...whole house was shaking..old, old house. Scared me tho. At first we thought it was the wind..but nooo lol

I was watching the national news and the announcer was laughing at the reports from L.A.

He was making fun of the tapes from the closed circuit cameras that were running during the EQ.

He made it sound like we made a big deal out of the story....Like WTF...it's the media!!!!!!

Slow news day???