Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my cartlidge pierced.

Got my cartlidge pierced.

My daughter got hers done so I went the next day and did it too...pretty hip for an old lady huh? I will post a pic later....
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Pretty hip in deed!
    Can't wait for the picture!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

please please please tell me that you didn't let someone pierce it with one of those piercing guns
    I got my cartilage pierced when I was younger and didn't know the terrible trauma that piercing guns cause when they are used on cartilage. After years of battling one infection after another it FINALLY closed up and doesn't bother me anymore.
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Quote Originally Posted by Sirrahsim View Post
    please please please tell me that you didn't let someone pierce it with one of those piercing guns
    I got my cartilage pierced when I was younger and didn't know the terrible trauma that piercing guns cause when they are used on cartilage. After years of battling one infection after another it FINALLY closed up and doesn't bother me anymore.
    Yes that is what I did, my other daughter had it done 2.5 years ago with no problem. I do have to clean it 3 times a day.

I have been frosted!

Yes, be very, very sure to clean it and rotate it very regularly, as there is so much less tissue there that it is prone to infection. Once it heals, don't put any cheap earrings up there, as it's very sensitive, and the nickel can cause irritation and infection.
    I've Been Frosted

You other daughter is lucky. Hopefully you and your daughter will be lucky too!
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

If I have issues I will take it out! One thing is a problem, I use a hands free phone at work and can't clip it on the ear I am use to anymore...

My daughter said the navel hurt a whole lot more.

I have been frosted!

If it gets infected, you do not want to take it out unless a doctor tells you to. That can cause the pus to get trapped in the piercing and cause an abscess to form. If it gets a mild infection you can treat it by slathering it with antibiotic ointment. If you get a bad infection you will obviously need to see a doctor.

I don't mean to be a spoil sport Hopefully you won't have to worry about any of that

If it gets infected, you do not want to take it out unless a doctor tells you to. That can cause the pus to get trapped in the piercing and cause an abscess to form. If it gets a mild infection you can treat it by slathering it with antibiotic ointment. If you get a bad infection you will obviously need to see a doctor.

I don't mean to be a spoil sport Hopefully you won't have to worry about any of that
    Bleehhhhh I hope I don't have those issues.....

I have been frosted!

I'm sorry I should have kept my mouth shut.
    Enjoy your piercing! I think cartilage piercings look really nice regardless of what instrument put them there

I'm sorry I should have kept my mouth shut.
    Enjoy your piercing! I think cartilage piercings look really nice regardless of what instrument put them there
    Thats okay you are keeping me faithful about doing the cleaning

I have been frosted!

I had mine pierced with a gun years ago and the only reason I took it out was that it was uncomfortable to sleep on my side!

You are one hot mama! Lawls. ; )

I got my cartilege pierced with a gun YEARS ago... I only regret it, because apparently the gun is way more painful. It tears the cartilege, instead of making a clean hole. It took a few months for me to be able to sleep on my sides comfortably, but I never got an infection.

Well, until I swam in the river a couple years later. But I'm pretty sure that infection was from the water. Eww. Make sure you clean it after swimming!

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

Quote Originally Posted by bckrazy View Post
    You are one hot mama! Lawls. ; )

I got my cartilege pierced with a gun YEARS ago... I only regret it, because apparently the gun is way more painful. It tears the cartilege, instead of making a clean hole. It took a few months for me to be able to sleep on my sides comfortably, but I never got an infection.

Well, until I swam in the river a couple years later. But I'm pretty sure that infection was from the water. Eww. Make sure you clean it after swimming!
    I just got back from Tahoe,,,went tubing so hopefully that won't cause a problem.

I have been frosted!

Had mine done ages ago with a gun and had no problems
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk