Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgh, welcome to the hot & humid 90s!

Pittsburgh, welcome to the hot & humid 90s!

Pittsburgh is on the verge of some HOT & humid weather the rest of this week and the weekend. Tomorrow it'll be "only" 87 degrees and friday the temp will be 93 degrees! The weekend will be in the low 90s with very high humidity. Thank goodness for air conditioning and I hope the boss has a heart!!

Want to trade for thunder storms,tornadoes, heavy rains & flooding?

Oops, gotta sign off, just had a tornado alert go off.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

We had warm and a tad muggy yesterday, and rainy today, thanks. I'd rather have rain than 90 degrees and hummmmmid any day!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    We had warm and a tad muggy yesterday, and rainy today, thanks. I'd rather have rain than 90 degrees and hummmmmid any day!
    I'll go along with that, Karen! I have to be extremely careful on the golf course and make sure I have plenty of water and find shade to rest in.

It's been beautiful here until yesterday when it poured nearly all day and the temperature dropped considerably. It rained again today, although not as heavily. It's very humid, though. No matter. I'll take it. It's good for the skin and hair. Better than sub zero temperatures and that awful white stuff that we got more than our share of this winter.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

That sounds like Florida weather, David. What would we do without AC? I don't want to find out!!

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

I knoww! Its hot and humid here too. I have to drive around with no air in my car. It gets like a tin can in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy and Delilah View Post
    That sounds like Florida weather, David. What would we do without AC? I don't want to find out!!
    Daisy and Delilah, I don't know either! I'm glad I have a new car with a good air conditioner and I have a good AC in my living room. I HATE this sticky weather!

Ever notice in the winter, people complain about how COLD it is and in the summer, they complain about how HOT and HUMID it is out??? Go figure.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Ever notice in the winter, people complain about how COLD it is and in the summer, they complain about how HOT and HUMID it is out??? Go figure.
    Donna, I'm one of the "lucky" few that has to work in both kinds of weather! So I think a complaint is in order.

It's pretty sticky today. I didn't realize how humid it was until I got home. I hadn't turned on the AC and it's sticky in here. But it's late in the day now so I'm not going to bother. It's 89 right now.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Add Cleveland to the list!
    Yikes it's warm and sticky outside!

I feel so bad for my Buddy, the heat takes such a toll on him.
    He starts panting once temps creep past the mid 70's!
    I think today would be a great day for a bath outside with the garden hose!
    It will cool me off too!

We don't have central air, we only have a window unit that is huge and does a good job of keeping the house cool... however... being that it's still down the basement isn't going to do any of us good tonight while we're trying to sleep!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Sunday in sunny South Carolina, 101 degrees.

Even the cats came in from the cat pen to spend the day on the couch with Mom and the A/C.

At least I don't have to shovel it!

And the second window air conditioner goes in....

For the past couple of days, it's been humid and hot and NO wind. In goes window air conditioner in living room window.....then the damn humidity continues........and air conditioner number 2 goes in computer room window. I think I must be getting older...because the heat is not agreeing with me. I do believe this is the earliest date yet, for me to install the air conditioners. Global warming? Old age? Both?

I feel so sorry for the folks without any cooling equipment. Fans just don't cut it at 2AM when you cannot sleep.

I have been hitting the "smoothie" button on the blender quite often these past few days. Too bad I'm not drinking these days, as a little vodka in the mix might brighten my evenings somewhat. I am trying to take good care of my health right now....No pills, no drinking....exercise...no stress.... (no work either!)....... Just staying cool and drinking smoothies!

Fenway is having a hard time dealing with this heat wave. My a/c is in the back of the closet and for me to get it, a million things have to come out first. It's too hot for me to move all that stuff. It's supposed to end tomorrow night so I will try to deal with it one more day. But poor Fenway has been huffing & puffing. I feel bad for the little guy. I've been taking him to the pond so he can get a cool dip.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!