Thread: deaf male cat - CA

deaf male cat - CA

crosspost

White male DSH needs a new home ASAP. Landlord is threatening eviction or shelter due to the cats vocal "skills". He is deaf ( gold eyes ) and a bit timid. Gets along very well with dogs as the woman has one. Started vocalizing when her older cat died a few months ago. The woman can not afford to move and is really trying to find this guy a new home. He was diagnosed with a slight heart murmer. We have verified this with his vet and has not nor should it ever cause any issue what so ever.

Please phone LUXI AT 310-936-4826

This is all the information I have. Please contact the owner at the number above, she does not have e mail.
    Note: they're in CA, but I can't seem to change the title??
    Last edited by critters; 05-29-2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: add state

Is there no way that she can calm the poor boy down, maybe a light sedative until he gets over his grief of losing the other cat? I sure hate to see him separated from her just for the reason of being vocal. He doesn't realize how loud he is. My CH baby, Creamsicle, is deaf and, to be sure, her cries can be loud but I can't imagine that it's all that bad.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

My first thought was why doesn't she adopt another cat to keep this guy company? I know that's more difficult than it sounds, but it's a thought.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    My first thought was why doesn't she adopt another cat to keep this guy company? I know that's more difficult than it sounds, but it's a thought.
    I thought of that, too, but if she can't afford to move, she may not be able to afford another cat either. Critters are 'spensive! LOL
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I'm with y'all--my ancient, deaf MamaCat is LOUD, but it's not that often. A friend for that boy is an EXCELLENT idea, but I have no idea why she wouldn't do that.

If it were me, I'd get rid of the landlord & keep the cat!!