Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I could use your prayers, please. *Update 5/27*

I could use your prayers, please. *Update 5/27*

I have an appointment w/my surgeon this afternoon at 2:20. I've had two bone grafts done in my jaw already and now I'm spitting blood so that means I have another infection. I really don't want to have another bone graft done. It isn't that painful, it's outpatient surgery but I have to impose on a friend to take me and bring me home and the dr. always insists that someone stay the night w/me. And to add insult to injury, my insurance company refuses to pay for it because they consider it elective surgery, so it comes out of my pocket. I'm having some serious home repair issues right now that I have to pay for and I truly do not need this. I'm not really in any pain right now, just discomfort; my gums are sore and it affects my sinuses and gives me headaches but nothing really dramatic. Could you please spare a prayer that my surgeon will be able to give me an antibiotic that will clear this up and spare me another bone graft?
    Last edited by Medusa; 05-27-2008 at 04:30 PM.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Many prayers that the infection can be controlled without surgery.

Prayers from RI for one of our Prayer Warriors!

You have all my prayers, girlfriend. If I could give you one of my bones, I would. If I lived closed, I'd be right there beside ya!

HUGS and prayers dear friend

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    You have all my prayers, girlfriend. If I could give you one of my bones, I would. If I lived closed, I'd be right there beside ya!

HUGS and prayers dear friend

Donna
    Now there's an offer ya don't get every day. LOL It's frustrating because I had a procedure done a few years ago to enable my body to grow more bone and it was successful, so I'm not sure why I have this infection.

Thanx for your thoughts and prayers, everyone. I appreciate it.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Fingers, toes, paws and eyes crossed for you
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Mary, of course you have my prayers. Please keep us posted.

You'll be in our prayers!
    I've Been Frosted

Mary, you have a lot of Pittsburgh prayers coming your way that this can be taken care of without surgery.

Update

Well, it's been a $500 day but if it keeps me from having surgery, it was worth it. My dr. took an x-ray and said that the infection appears to be in the gums only and not in the bone this time. So he gave me 3 injections of an antibiotic directly into my gums and an Rx for Clindamycin. I have to go back in two weeks for a followup. The injections didn't hurt but now my gums are sore and it feels like the antibiotic is in my ears. LOL I'm relieved, though, that the infection didn't originate in the bone or I'd probably be headed for surgery again. Hopefully, the Clindamycin will clear it up and that'll be the end of it. (Had I known he was going to prescribe that, I would've taken some of the fur posse's. )

Thanx for the prayers and good thoughts, everyone, and I'll let you know the outcome in two weeks.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Prayers that this will fix it up!
    I've Been Frosted

Fingers, paws and eyes crossed for ya!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Dear Mary,
    Prayers and songs and chants and dances and healing energies and good wishes for you that the Clindamycin will clear this up. All fingers, toes, paw pads, what-have-you crossed.

Love, hugs, and purrs,
    Pat, Peony, Sydney, Poppy, Elmer, and of course Priscilla Angel
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

That is a huge relief that there isn't an infection in the bone afterall. What a scare! Don't forget to eat lots of yogurt to help offset the stomach troubles antibiotics sometimes cause. Something about flora and the good bacteria.
    Please keep us updated on your recovery! Prayers that all goes smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldgreen
    Don't forget to eat lots of yogurt to help offset the stomach troubles antibiotics sometimes cause. Something about flora and the good bacteria.
    Yes, I eat yogurt for breakfast every morning anyhow, so maybe I'm ahead of the game.
    Blessings,
    Mary