View Poll Results: Should I get the cops involved?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do I call the police?

1 6.67%
  • Blame the cat?

6 40.00%
  • Get new curtains?

8 53.33%
  • Or call a real interior decorator?

2 13.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Do I call law enforcement?

Do I call law enforcement?

I like making things for the places I have lived.

Currently I only have a desk and my TV hutch and computer desk that I wrangled from my family....everything else is hand made.

My best work was making curtains for an eight by six foot picture window in a rental home I stayed at.

I didn't have any money after paying first and last month's rent, so I took three bed sheets, Two twins and a king sized flat sheet. I strung some nylon rope across and I had curtains.

When I moved again I took my "curtains" with me and reused them- a little iron on fabric tape and instant hem for the new house.

I looked up last night and saw that someone tore the edge that the curtain rod slips thru....

This puzzles me. The cat has NEVER done that to any of the window trimmin'
    so now I am worried about intruders or burglars!

What should I do?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD

I looked up last night and saw that someone tore the edge that the curtain rod slips thru....

What should I do?
    Blame da KAT ~ always worked for me. (Boots da Kat had broad shoulders! )

Ed prolly had some of his Rowdy Friends over for a Nip Partee -
    and someone decided to Climb the Mountain ...
    "Snow covered" windows can fool ya!

Rule number one in my house is...

BLAME THE FURRY FOUR-LEGGED KIDS!!!

Afterall, they don't work, they don't do laundry or vacuum. Let 'em earn their keep.

RICHARD,

Curtains out of bed sheets? Wow, I never knew you were so resourceful.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom
    Rule number one in my house is...

BLAME THE FURRY FOUR-LEGGED KIDS!!!

Afterall, they don't work, they don't do laundry or vacuum. Let 'em earn their keep.

RICHARD,

Curtains out of bed sheets? Wow, I never knew you were so resourceful.

Or poor?

This was before that Martha Stewart gal's time.

I used white twin and tan king sheets. The white ones were hung on each side, I could use those to let the light in. The tan job I pulled across the whole window at night, so I had some privacy!

WHEN SOMETHINGS ACCIDENTALLY GETS DAMAGED HERE RICHARD OR I HAVE TO WALK THROUGH THE SAHARA DESERT TO GET TO THE LITTER BOXES , I JUST CHALK IT UP TO THE PRICE OF HAVING SEVERAL CATS.
    THE SAME AS WHEN A TACO FALLS TO THE GROUND OR A FOOD THAT WAS LOVED YESTERDAY IS DETESTED TODAY.
    CATS ARE SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

May I suggest an alternative theory?

Just perhaps...just perhaps...Edster has joined the interior decoration fashion police and you HAVE JUST BEEN GIVEN A WARNING!

:-)

So, in answer to your question "What should I do?" what do you suppose the fashion police would say?

:-)
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Very clever!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

The first thing i would do is get new curtains .

First of all, I love that you made your own curtains and YES linens are well-known for making great curtains! They can also be used for the outer shower curtains ... not the liner of course!

Next, I would suggest using some of that hemming tape for the torn corner... if it is simply ripped at the seam.

Lastly, I think that you have missed one very likely possiblity of "how" the curtains were torn! It could very well have been that a burglar was trying to enter your home and the curtain was torn while Edster was leaping out of nowhere to scare the thief away! So, in fact, Eddie may just have saved your life!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats
    So, in fact, Eddie may just have saved your
    life!!!
    And now he's trying to kill me with his waterdish!