Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Miss Smokey is in labor right now! UPDATE

Miss Smokey is in labor right now! UPDATE

It has already been a long day and night. Saturday afternoon I noticed a bit of discharge from Smokey. I sat by her all day. It wasn't until 11 p.m. that she finally started labor. She is doing very well and is not wanting me to even dream about leaving her side! I'm sure we will be up all night ... errr, morning! Please say a prayer for her if you are up as I think she is going to have a large litter.

I will update as I can.

For those who don't know who Miss Smokey is, refer to this thread http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=141146

Kim
    Last edited by kimlovescats; 04-14-2008 at 10:18 AM.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Prayers on the way that all the kits and momma turn out healthy!

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way for Miss Smokey!
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Well, we were up all night and still no babies! She started actively pushing at about 2:30 a.m. and I was sure we were going to get a kitten. She has gone on and off again with this since then. I am calling my vet as soon as they open at 8:00 a.m. I just knew she would have a difficult time because of how huge she got. She doesn't seem to be too uncomfortable, I almost think she is stopping her labor herself. She keeps wanting out of confinement but I can't let her run loose in labor! Will see what my vet says in just a bit.

Prayers appreciated!

Oh, goodness! I wonder what the vet will say! I was sure we'd have an update with kittens by now! Prayers being sent!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh Kim, how exciting for you!!! A birth should take no longer than 10 hours MAX from beginning of labor to the delivery of the last baby. You're doing the right thing by bringing her to the vet.

You're are in my prayers. Keep us posted!!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Well, my hunches were right when I had worries about this mom. Her cervix was tight as could be even with a baby in the canal. Too little to deliver ... probably too young as well ... so she had an emergency C-section. Thank GOD that all SIX babies survived and they are doing great! Miss Smokey is resting from all the drugs now and she was SPAYED during the C-section! So... no worries there! My vet said that this confirms that I SHOULD have takent this mom in or she likely would have labored and died outside somewhere. If I was ever unsure about my decision, this one has made me certain that these little moms do need labor coaches!

Thank you so much again to the ones who have donated to the pregnant mom fund because the services for today's visit with this mom today totalled $369.35.

Now, I am going to get mom and babies comfortable and I'm crashing! ZZZZZZZZZZ.

How scary. I'm so glad that you were with her and that you called the vet so he could help her have her babies. I'm also glad to hear that mama and babies are doing well and I hope that they all continue to thrive. Please update us again when you can. I know that you now need your rest.

Have a good sleep!

Brave Mama Smokey! Eat all your food, sweetie, cause you have six hungry babies that want full tummies! Gosh, Kim - how much food and calcium is she gonna need?

And - dumb question - cats still produce milk after spaying, right?

I hope Smokey and her Labour Coach are rested and well in no time.

HUGS!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1
    I hope Smokey and her Labour Coach are rested and well in no time.

Ditto! Thank you so much for taking her in and saving the lives of her and her kittens. Looking forward to pictures.
    Spoiled child, bad
    Spoiled cat, good

Oh Kim, bless you for helping Smokey and her 6 wee ones!

I've not heard of spaying a lactating female! Hope she can heal with 6 all trying to nurse.

Wow 6 Babies. Congrats.

Give Smokey a kiss for her hard work.

At least she is fixed now.

Can't wait to see pictures of those babies!

6 babies!! Holy Moly!!

Great going mama!! Glad everything is going okay for all.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Smokey, what a good mamma you are! That sure is a lot of babies! You are going to be one busy kitty for the next few weeks.

So glad you kept an eye on her and got her to the vet in time. Those are some lucky kittens.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

Bless you for bring Smokey into your home. Wow, six babies. I sure she will need your help as she heals over the next few days. Again, bless you for helping this sweet baby.