Thread: Mom Celebrates a Milestone

Mom Celebrates a Milestone

My Mom's 80th Birthday was April 2nd and last night we had a family celebration for her. She was surrounded by her children, her grand children, great grandchildren and the newest addition , a great-great grandson

This is a significant celebration in many ways ... my Mom has Altzeimer's and we are uncertain just how many birthday celebrations she will be able to enjoy

We have some wonderful photographs and I have spent today compiling a photo presentation for her.

I wanted to share a couple of those photos with you The first is of me and Mom and the second is Mom and my sweet husband, Gunter I hope you enjoy them!

Betty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mom-Betty-80th.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	38923   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mom-Gunter-80th.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	38924  
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

That was a lovely celebration you had. Your mum looks as though she was enjoying her special day, and I am sure she will enjoy the photo presentation.

The cake looks good too.

Oh, what FUN! Happy Birthday to a lovely lady! It is so nice to get together for these milestones.

Your mom is beautiful. Looks like she really enjoyed the celebration.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Your mom looks great, she is really pretty. I lost my father to alzheimers, he had it for quite a while though. I know it can be really tough I am sorry you are going through that.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Tell your mom I think she has the most gorgeous hair! And Happy Birthday too!

Thank you all so much. We think Mom was pretty thrilled although it stressed her out a bit. She stayed up way past her bedtime and shed quite a few tears but I think they were happy tears

Her diagnosis is pretty recent (Jan 08) although we have suspected for about a year that things were changing significantly for Mom. Unfortunately her condition seems to be diminishing her quite rapidly We can only hope she plateaus at some point. She lives with my brother and his wife and they are wonderful with her. Also she has a Caregiver - Shirley - who comes in during the week. Shirley is a retired RN well experienced in Geriatrics and is an amazing woman - we would be so lost without her.

Sara - I so agree with you and WISH I had inherited my Mom's hair It's all naturally silver white and she has so much of it - I'm so jealous

Betty
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

Your mom looks so elegant and great.
    I am so sorry for her and for you and your family. You'll ned lots of force to go this way with her.

What a charming party. It looks like she really enjoyed it.

You might not have gotten your mother's hair, but I'm glad you inherited your mother's charming smile, though!
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Your mom appears to be quite the genteel lady, good skin, too. That's something that you either have or you don't and it seems you've inherited that from her, lucky gal. I'm sure that the tears she shed were tears of joy. How wonderful that she has family who cares and that she's still w/you. Enjoy each day w/your mom and try not to worry too much about the future. Let each day take care of itself. Many blessings to all of you....
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Great pictures. You Mom is a beautiful lady.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt