Thread: How Often Do You Poop-Scoop Your Yard

How Often Do You Poop-Scoop Your Yard

I scoop every day except for extremely bad days weather wise. I like
    to be able to walk anywhere in the yard with a problem. takes just a few
    minutes everyday but I like the results. How often do you take care of this
    needed chore?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

With three dogs, usually right after they go. If the weather's really bad or it's dark, I try to remember exactly where the poop is so I can clean it when possible.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    I scoop every day except for extremely bad days weather wise. I like
    to be able to walk anywhere in the yard with a problem. takes just a few
    minutes everyday but I like the results. How often do you take care of this
    needed chore?

I need to follow your rule! I am so bad about it and can't be like that anymore. I barely did any scooping all winter and now i'm paying for it. yesterday was so nice so I went out to scoop and of course it was disgusting. I want to be like you Liz! I want to be able to walk out in my yard and play with the dogs without having to worry to much about stepping in poop.

I will be better at this!!!!

Gosh, I too wish our dogs' poop got scooped more often.

Its actually my sister's job, so it gets done once a week if we are lucky. Though our dogs are courteous enough to poop only in the lower end of the yard, so we know where to avoid walking. ;]

ok... I´m a lil behind here too.... I try to do often but sometime it´s just not in me

although it doesn´t bothers me to scoop a lot one time, glad it doesn´t smells.... another thing that puts me off for days it´s trash collectors they come up only mon-wed-fri so if I skip a day I´ll have to wait till the other

btw... I could use some scooping now that you reminded me of it
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Gosh. I guess I better go out in scoop. I havn't really done it since January.
    Thanks so much Ashley for the siggy!
    Zoey Marie NAJ NA RN (flat-coated retriever)
    Wynset's Sam I AM "Sage" RA (shetland sheepdog)
    T.j (english setter)

I do the main part of the yard pretty much daily. Anywhere a visitor is likely to see is done daily(no one is calling AC to say my dog yard isn't clean!) as is Sundin's pen(cuz he likes to eat poopsicles if he has the chance). The other pens, that have far fewer dogs in them than the main yard, are done twice a week. On the weekends or days when I have more time, I do the far reaches of the yard.

Stored in tightly sealed metal cans until we make a dump run(no garbage pick up where I live).
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Rocky is easy because he will only poop in the dog run or the perimeter of
    the yard which is dirt. (he will not poop on the lawn)
    Lately I have only been scooping 2 times a week.

----<---<--<{(@

In the summer i do it daily,3 4 times a day.

But come winter...My son has moved out on his own and he actually always did it for me..I never had to worry about the yard.

Now Rebecca was put on the job too do it.I think she has done it once in 3 months....I went out the other day and got alot of it done.But it is really hard to do when it is frozen lol.

As soon as the snow goes it will be all done,If not what a mess ill have when everything melts.

I like to scoop every day, but if the weather's bad, it may be in 2 or 3 days.

You want a winter poop-scooping tip? If everything is frozen solid & stuck to the ground, take a pitcher of warm water with you & pour it on the little piles & dark spots where it's under the snow... In just a minute they are "scoopable". HaHaHa, I wonder if I should send this tip into Helouise?

I dont!! First off, I have great dogs who go potty on the optside edges of the property, and secondly I have 24 free range chickens that Love fresh Poop!!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Never! That's Bruce's job. I will do it if I want to play with her, but lately I've just been taking her to the dog park everyday that I possibly can. I know he does it at least before he mows the lawn, but he may do it more often....I don't know.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud
    I scoop every day except for extremely bad days weather wise.
    Yup. Not in rain, snow, cold weather. Then I just wait until it clears up out. Might be a day or 3.

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes
    If everything is frozen solid & stuck to the ground, take a pitcher of warm water with you & pour it on the little piles & dark spots where it's under the snow... In just a minute they are "scoopable". HaHaHa, I wonder if I should send this tip into Helouise?
    Similarly, if you want a GREEN lawn all Spring, Summer, Fall, take around a pitcher of cold water. Follow behind the dogs and put about a pint of water each place they pee. This waters it down enough that the grass will continue to grow, and no yellow / dead spots!

Everyday in the summer. Once or twice all winter. We have 5 feet of snow in the backyard and the poop just keep getting covered. If we tried picking it up we'd have more snow than poop. Once it melts it takes a few hours to rake up the backyard from months of poop. We never have yellow spots in the yard.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

In the actual dog pens I have I scoop atleast 2x a day, actually pretty much anytime I am outside in the pens if they need scooped I do it because I HATE having poop filled pens, I can't stand it, especially since a lot of the fenced area I have is concret pavers, which get hosed, scrubbed down and bleached atleast once a week.... but even the gravel pens I HAVE to keep them clean!....whether we have rain, snow, to cold, to hot etc.. whatever...

Now In my actual yard where my dogs run loose and are out of the pens, VERY rarely do I scoop it because the dogs usually go to the edge of the yard or even in the woods to use the bathroom, rather than just going in the middle of my yard.... which is actually pretty small because most of my property is all woods and rocky hillside (about 17 acres)... if they do happen to go closer to the house or my steps I will scoop it then.

Janna
    If you're gonna breed Collies, don't you forget to breed in the brains and common sense. Without that you won't have a Collie, you'll have just another dog.

I've Been BOO'd!!