Thread: Report on Ari's visit to the whitecoats

Report on Ari's visit to the whitecoats

Ari had a re-check on his left eye today. He still has an ulcer on his eye and he needs to see a feline opthalmologist to determine whether removal of the ulcer will help him see. If it is determined that surgery would be beneficial, that's another bridge I gotta cross.

I also found out that he at one time had ringworm and was given an injection and complete bath to get rid of it. Never knew that before!!

Poor Ari had 3 very loose teeth on the bottom front that the vet took out (poor baby is now hiding under the bed) because they were dangling and ready to come out. I couldn't BELIEVE how bad his teeth looked tartar wise. He's now scheduled for dental work (cleaning, etc.) next month.

Anyone remember the name of the orgnization that helps people with vet expenses? Ari has a bit of a road to hoe. But I'd do anything to help him see and get rid of that nasty ulcer.

This poor boy has been through so much in his short life. I just don't have THAT kinda money.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Imom - I think that's the name of the organization.

Hugs to Ari for all he's gone through and hugs to you for giving him the best possible care!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Scooter's Mom,

Thanks. I knew it was "I" something. This bill is gonna be a whopper but he's only 3 years old. It's no death sentence. I'll let you know how I make out.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

www.imom.org

They cover non-routine stuff, which poor Ari's eye certainly is.

Not sure about the dental..but heck, go for it.

There is always the PT Donation Fund too!

Poor widdle guy!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I've emailed my friend who runs Helping Paws and told her about it. I have no idea how much all of this will cost. The opthalmologist is over an hour and a half away. I'm going to see if there's one around here closer to me. It's always something.

Aw, poor little guy. I'm sure he'll feel better soon, though, now that you took care of his immediate needs, Donna.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I got an email from my friend who said she had a cat, Luna, who had an eye ulcer her entire life that never bothered her. So, I'm just going to keep using the eye ointment for it. It doesn't seem to bother him. What DOES bother him is the weird skin condition under his chin (not kitty acne) on his breastbone. The vet gave me anti-itch cream to put on it.

Not to frighten you, Donna, but a friend of mine has a cat who had an ulcer on her eye and she didn't see an opthamologist because the vet took a "wait and see" approach since it appeared not to bother her. Well, just a few months ago, the ulcer was determined to actually be a tumor and the cat had to have the eye removed. So I would say that, if you can swing it financially, to get Ari to the opthamologist as soon as possible.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Mary,

Right now it isn't financially feasible for me to have it looked at. I'm going to call them and find out if they can give me a ballpark figure so I know what I'm dealing with here.

Donna, kuhio98 gave you a couple of good contacts in the General thread(human, not cat).
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Donna, corneal ulcers are quite painful and, left untreated, can become infected resulting in worse issues and eventually loss of the eye.

Here are some options for financial aid:
    re: Help (financial aid info)

This page has a list of some organizations that may be able to assist you. Good luck.

http://animalliberationfront.com/Pra...ancialHelp.htm

Some links:

In Memory of Magic (IMOM) is dedicated to insuring that no companion animal has to be euthanized simply because their caretaker is financially challenged.
    http://www.imom.org
    IMOM, Inc
    PO Box 282
    Cheltenham, MD 20623
    Phone (866)-230-2164 Fax (301)-599-1852

United Animal Nations established the LifeLine fund in 1997 to aid companion animals in times of life-threatening emergencies when their caregivers, with low or no incomes, are unable to afford the entire cost of treatment.
    http://uan.org/lifeline/index.html
    United Animal Nations
    P.O. Box 188890
    Sacramento, California 95818
    Telephone: (916) 429 2457 fax: (916) 429 2456

Help-A-Pet is a nonprofit organization which provides financial assistance for the medical care of pets whose owners are unable to afford the expense
    http://www.help-a-pet.org/home.html
    Help-A-Pet
    P. O. Box 244
    Hinsdale, Illinois 60521
    telephone: (630) 986-9504 fax: (630) 986-9141

Feline Veterinary Emergency Assistance Programs provides financial assistance for emergency medical care for cats.
    http://www.fveap.org/sys-tmpl/door/
    FVEAP
    1641 Elizabeth Lane
    Yuba City, CA 95993
    Fax: 888-301-4264

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Donna ~ I read your posting (somewhere, I can't find it now) where IMOM said they were not accepting new applications. Do you remember who or where you got that information? I'm very curious since several pets were just accepted in the past 3 days. Just today a kitty named Gidget was accepted. (I'm going to start a thread about her).
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.