Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former co-worker's former cat...UPDATE!! 4/13/08

Former co-worker's former cat...UPDATE!! 4/13/08

A while back, I requested opinions on this woman I work with adopting a cat she found. She rescued him from a group of boys taunting him and hitting him with a stick. I got her a voucher so she could have him fixed. Everytime I saw her, she said Larry went with her daughter.

This woman doesn't drive, takes the bus everywhere (there is nothing wrong with that). She had no way of getting him to the vet if something should happen in the middle of the night. I was always buying her Iams for him cuz I didn't want him eating garbage from the grocery stores.

My friend Chris said, "Offer her $50 for the cat. I want him outta Hartford." I did, and she took money."

Well, it's a good thing, because when we went to pick Larry up, all you could smell was cat spray. This woman didn't have a clue. She asked me how he was doing. I told her he was a VERY sick kitty, loaded with crystals and a UTI. Another co-worker said she told her she knew there was something wrong, but didn't have the money to take him to the vet. To say I was furious is an understatement. I told her that he was in the vet for 2 days while they pumped fluids into him to try and flush the crystals out. He's now on antibiotics and special food. The vet said the crystals were so bad that if she waited much longer, he would've gone into renal failure. She is NOT getting the cat back. We're now in the process of looking for a new home for him. He's a very sweet cat. I'll try and get a picture of him.
    Last edited by moosmom; 04-13-2008 at 01:15 PM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I know there are words for owners like that . . . and I know I can't post them here on PT. GRRRR

Bless you for following through and helping Larry the cat.

Hope he finds a great home!

Maybe she has no sense of smell? Anyway, it is good you got the poor kitty out of there. Kudos to her for rescuing him from the taunting boys in the first place, but she'll need more education before she ever becomes a cat owner again.
    I've Been Frosted

The Sad Thing S That People Want Pets Who Are Perfect And If They Get A Pet That Has Problems, They Wont Spend Anything On Them They Will Go And Get Another Pet.
    He Pray He Gets A Caring Furrever Home And Has A Good Life After This Sad Start.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Poor Larry... . It's sad that an animal has to suffer because of a stupid human. Thankfully he is in good hands now and will find a furrever home soon.

How is he doing??
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

I feel sorry for the poor cat but glad that you took action, Donna. He stands a good chance now of finding a permanent home w/someone responsible. Bless you!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thank you a million times for helping poor Larry! That woman did the right thing by saving him from being brutalized by those brats but it's too bad she wouldn't listen to those of you that offered experienced help and advice. Larry deserves much better care than he received from her and thanks to you he'll have a chance for a life full of love and caring in a good furever home.
    Groucho is sending you lots of purrs, headbumpies and kitty kisses to say thank you for caring enough to help his fellow kitty in need!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

This is so sad. Donna, I'm so glad that you were able to get him the help that he needed. I sure hope that he'll make a full recovery and that he'll find the right forever loving home this time.

I'll never understand people that have animals that need help and they do nothing about it. If they can't afford to get them help then they should call some one for help. She should have let you know about this a long time ago.

I spoke with my friend Chris this morning and Larry, now known as Buster, is doing wonderfully!! He's been neutered and on antibiotics for his UTI. She's having him tested for Diabetes because he's drinking alot of water. The better news is he's stopped spraying.

As much as I like Barbara, she's an idiot when it comes to animals. She wants to get ANOTHER cat. I ripped into her. I emphasized how sick Buster was and the cost of the vet bill and hospital stay alone costs. I told her that because she doesn't drive, if something bad happened to her pet at say 3 a.m., what would she do. Her answer, "I'd call someone and have them come out." I told her vets don't make house calls. I'm really angry at not only her stupdity, but the fact that she wants another cat!!!!!!! I told her she'd be better off with fish. She said she killed the goldfish she used to have. I told her she almost killed the cat she had too for not getting him to a vet fast enough. UGH!!!!! Now she won't talk to me. Good, now she won't bug me for another cat.

Anyway, Chris is keeping Buster. He's a wonderful cat, very affectionate, laid back and mellow. He's in a better home now where he'll be cared for properly.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

**sigh** Another PT happy ending! Just what I needed to end my evening! Thank you SO much for helping Larry get into a good situation.

Some people are clueless when it comes to animals and have no business having them. They will discard one and turn right around and get another one...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

OMG! Poor Larry! Please give him a big hug for me and tell him I'm so sorry he had to suffer like that.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Thank You, Michelle!!!

You were right to trust you instincts on this one.... and get her on the Do Not Adopt list everywhere!

I had to take yet ANOTHER cat away from her. She's moving into Section 8 Housing and they don't allow pets. I went to get him this morning. I was awestruck!!!! It was a purebred Maine Coon. Absolutely beautiful!!!!

Evidentally this lady's friend got him from the Humane Society and then gave him to my friend. I'm glad I got him away from her. He's back at the HS but I can guarantee he will be adopted quickly. If you go onto Petfinder.com and look up the Connecticut Humane Society and "Jazz" he's there. If I didn't have so many cats, I'd truly take him.

My contact at the HS is going to send me emails on his progress. She also said they have put the woman who originally adopted him on a "Do Not Adopt" list.

Thank you, Moosmom! Some people just don't get it! Pets can be a wonderful addition to anyone's home, the companionship and unconditional love they give cannot be measured. But at the same time, when we adopt a pet we agree to take on the responsibility that goes with it. Pets aren't toys we play with when we feel like it, they're living beings that depend on us for their basic needs. Pets need and deserve our 24/7 care and attention. Not everyone is up to the task. Those of us owned by our cats know they can be independent (when they want to be) and can take care of themselves in some respects. They still need us to keep them safe, healthy and happy.

It's a relief to know that both of these individuals are on the do not adopt list. I hope and pray that these individuals don't find a way around it so that yet another innocent pet finds him or herself in a bad situation.

Thank you and bless you for doing the right thing! You truly are a kitty hero!!!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE