Thread: Urgent Help! Malamute/Wolf dogs in dire need of foster homes! Location: CA

Urgent Help! Malamute/Wolf dogs in dire need of foster homes! Location: CA

HELP!!! Foster homes needed!
    UPDATE: feb 8 morning:
    Foster home is being lined up for Koda today!
    Tasha is going to sled dog rescue!!

CHUCA NEEDS RESCUE ASAP - He has been relinquished to the shelter and because he is mostly kelpie, he was going to be put up for adoption there. Unfortunately he failed temperament testing (for slight dog aggression from what i know) so he is in dire need of a rescue or foster home before it's too late!!

UPDATE feb 8 on their story:
    The owner of these animals has not relinquished all of them to the shelter yet, so they still have some safe time there. There is a court case being held at some point in the near future where it will be decided if she gets her dogs back or not. (we all believe that she is NOT going to get them back because of the deplorable conditions they were found in - no food/water, all dogs emaciated, dead pup in a water bucket, one of tasha's litters came in a month ago with the Parvo virus and all had to be euthanized.) Because the owner wants Boss, Koda and the pups back, they will not be able to be placed into foster/rescue care until the court case is decided, and I do not have a timeline for that yet. IN THE MEAN TIME- WE ARE TRYING TO LINE UP POTENTIAL FOSTER HOMES FOR THEM SO THAT THEY CAN GET OUT OF THE SHELTER AS SOON AS THEY ARE RELINQUISHED, SO THAT THEY DO NOT RISK EUTHANASIA DUE TO OVERCROWDING. She has already relinquished Tasha(going to rescue!!) and Chuca, who needs a foster home ASAP because he failed his temperament test and cannot be placed up for adoption at the shelter.

Unfortunately - because they have been labeled "wolf hybrids" by the owner, the shelter cannot legally put them up for adoption, or change what breed they are listed as.

AS OF TODAY: WE STILL NEED FOSTERING FOR CHUCA IMMEDIATELY, AND THEN FOSTER HOMES FOR BOSS AND THE FOUR 2 MONTH OLD PUPS FOR WHEN THEY ARE RELINQUISHED.

WE ARE FOCUSING ON LOCAL RESCUE (IE IN THE WESTERN STATES OR FARTHER IF YOU CAN TRANSPORT) FOR NOW, THANK YOU EVERYBODY WHO HAS OFFERED FROM OTHER STATES!

Our VERY FULL local animal shelter just had to take in 8 wolf dogs from an abuse/backyard breeder case. Because the shelter is so packed full of dogs right now, and wolf & sled dog rescues are not responding to our pleas for placement, these dogs are in immediate danger of being euthanized. I have not personally met these dogs, but here is what my good friend said- "They all have that independent wolf thing (except for koda), but they are all about getting in the lap. They love people." The shelter cannot legally adopt out dogs that are listed as wolf mixes, so they need to go to rescue or foster homes before it's too late.

I am trying to put the word out to anyone out there who could foster one of these dogs, either temporarily while we find a rescue to take them, long term, short term, foster-to-adopt situations, anything as long as they get out of there before they are put down.

Please spread the word about them!!!

Email me directly at [email protected] if you are interested in fostering and I can get you in touch with my friend trying to find rescue for these dogs. They are located in McKinleyville California which is 5 hours north of San Francisco, 3 hours west of Redding, 6 hours north west of Sacramento, etc.

Boss - Male - 3-4 years old - Boss is Tasha's dad, and Koda's Pup's dad

Chuca - Male - small, failed temperament testing NEEDS FOSTER - Black dog they called “kelpie/hybrid mix” Probably from one of Tasha’s litters—maybe a litter mate? - age unknown but probably from 1-3 yrs

Koda - Female - 2 yrs - momma of the pups below SAFE!! - FOSTER HOME TENTATIVELY FOUND

Tasha - Female - Tasha is the daughter of Koda - 1 yr old- SAFE!! - GOING TO SLED DOG RESCUE

Koda/Boss Pup - Female - 2 months

Koda/Boss Pup - Male 1 - 2 months

Koda/Boss Pup- Male 2 - 2 months

Koda/Boss Pup - Male 3 - 2 months

AGAIN - if you or someone you know could foster one of these dogs, Please email me at [email protected] ASAP!
    THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION!

Ugh, if I were closer I would help.

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone