Thread: 2 more coming through TNRM program UPDATE #6

2 more coming through TNRM program UPDATE #6

I got an unexpected phone call from the caretaker at the very first feral cat colony I worked on, last April 2006. She told me she had 2 kittens in a carrier, she would take them to work with her and could I pick them up and get them fixed through the program?

So I went and picked up these two sweet babies. They are both 5 months old, born August 27, 2007. The male is all black and a bit nervous:

The female is black and white. Her natural curiousity took over, it was so funny to see.

They were here for a few hours today while I arranged for their care. They have gone now, to return on Wednesday for their post op prior to being released back to the colony.

For those who don't remember, this is the colony which gets fed 4 times per day and has very devoted caretakers. They are used to being petted, and even walk in the rear hallway of one house, though they will not pass through the second door into the home itself.

I was able to pick them up and hold them, clip their nails, stroke them. The girl was so busy looking around the room I don't think she even noticed I was holding her! The boy never took his eyes off his sister.

We discussed at length trying to socialize them and adopt them out. Unfortunately it is just not an option so they will be released. If I were not full, I would keep them! They need lots of patience and attention to win them over. They would not be good for first time cat owners. The organization (which exists for feral cat rescue, not for adoptions and placement of strays) is not equipped to handle these two. Sigh.
    Last edited by Freedom; 01-29-2008 at 01:23 PM.

You do what you can.... Someone here use to say something like "You can't save the world.... But it will mean the world to the ones you do save!"

They all deserve to have a great home but they just are not there.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Sandie,

Is it possible that Lil A and those two are related in some way??? They seem to be about the same age. Believe me, if I had ANY room at the inn, I'd take them in a heartbeat and work with them. Sorry.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Donna - not likely that these are related to Lil A. Two different colonies, several miles apart.

They're very cute Sandra, I can see why you were taken with them. It's shame the program isn't equipped to take them and work with them, but if the colony is looked after properly and they have plenty of food and shelter then that's fine and you shouldn't worry! You have done your part, and it's many parts that make up the whole, and it's the whole that do a great job

Everyone who meets these 2 is falling in love! I just had a phone call from my contact person for the spay / neuter part of the program. She had them at her place overnight as she lives almost next to the vet office we got them into for their surgeries today. Seh couldn't believe they ahve never been inside before! She couldn't stop saying, "they are adorable' they are so adorable together!"

She pushed and got them into the adoption program. They will be fixed today, will come back to me for post op, and will go into a foster home for socializing and adoption. Everyone alse agrees they should stay together, they are devoted to each other. I guess their adoption fee with be adjusted up a bit as they will already be fixed. I just hope I can hold out having them here for post op and until the place in a foster home becomes available!

**Sigh!**

Awee how Adorable.. Yes do what you can.. All the Help is Greatly Appreciated..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

We Hope And Pray That Someone Sees Tem While They Are In This Kitten Stage As Its Sadly A Lot More Dificult To Adopt Older Cats, Especially Larger Males.
    We Pray That Someone Somewhere Will Fall In Love With Them.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Sending Good Vibes for everything to work out
    Smokedog's mommy
    I've been frosted!!