Thread: Can dogs lick TOO much ?

Can dogs lick TOO much ?

My dog licks too much ! ! ! She licks the floor (even when there isn't food on it), the bedpost, me, other people, just everything. I know it is like showing affecting but it's gone too far. Please post back ! ! !

(: puppycloud

Is this a puppy? Ricky did the same thing when he was a puppy. Sort of like babies which we all know put everything in their mouth. I don't know but Ricky doesn't do it so much anymore. He does still lick affectionately though.

Lolly's tongue seems to be permanently glued to me. She's been through so much and I think she's telling me thank you for getting her out of the shelter It is a bit icky to have dog slobber dripping off your legs, arm, and face all the time but I don't mind!
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I have a 5 month old puppy who I've taught to kiss. Big mistake! Now I say "give me a kiss" and he kisses me on the lips. This really grosses out non dog lovers! He also licks everything, and anything on the floor goes in his mouth They do outgrow it though.
    Tanya, Hans, Fritz & Sparky

To Fritz....Bella here! My mom let me read this post cause she said she thinks you and me gots lots in common. I put everything in my mouth too and sometimes I really get into lots of trouble! I love to chew on different textures too. I like to chew up towels, napkins and magazines the best and once I chewed the corner of the carpeted stairs. Boy my mommy didn't like that at all!!! My daddy told my mom since I don't have hands this is how I feel textures. He said "she doesn't have much to work with you know!" Well just yesterday I tried a new texture and really got in trouble for this one. Even my daddy was annoyed with me. I chewed the cover off the back of the remote thingy that they use for watching the big moving picture thing in the living room. They said they were disappointed with me and that made me so sad. I will try and do better and I know you will too, but for now we are only puppies and we sort of lose control. Anyways, Fritz, I like hearin' about you and seein' your picture. I'm glad that you are nawtee sometimes too. Your friend, Bella

Pam I was laughing when I read about Bella chewing the remote control, we left ours on the coffee table about a year ago and came back and the thing was chewed up so bad we had to get a new one. They did the job on that, the trouble is we don't know which one did it or if they both took a turn.
    Perry gives kisses when you least expect it on the lips with a quick flick of his tongue.
    Daisy is the licker, lick, lick, lick everything, the carpet, the sheets, the pillow, us whatever suites her fancy. I don't think she will ever outgrow it because she is three years old. One good thing she kisses on the cheek.

[ August 03, 2001: Message edited by: jackiesdaisy1935 ]

The only thing I can say is, it's a dogs instinct and licking is there way of looking at the world. Since dogs don't have very good eyesight they have other senses that are stronger, and this happens to be one of them. Much luck!
    Sincerely,
    BayLee's Mamma Sarah
    P.s. BayLee likes to lick the windows in my truck, it's really gross and hard to see out of!

Originally posted by MHMama:
    <STRONG>Is this a puppy? Ricky did the same thing when he was a puppy. Sort of like babies which we all know put everything in their mouth. I don't know but Ricky doesn't do it so much anymore. He does still lick affectionately though.</STRONG>
    My dog that licks a lot is 14 in human years, she's no puppy and she kinda acts like she is somewhat sad or like she doesn't get enough attention but I have been giving her some extra loving and attention. I don't know if she is depressed or what. She has sorta been doing the licking thing all her life. Please Post Back (PPB)

Puppycloud

Thanks for you help BayLee's Mamma Sarah.

puppycloud