Thread: Remembering Digger Dog

Remembering Digger Dog

I've never made a thread about Digger. He was my brothers dog, but was also known as my boyfriend back when I didn't have a boyfriend.
    On Sunday, January 6th, 2002 Digger and Boo (has been posted in some of my threads along with Lucy) had gone on an adventure across the street to visit some neighbor dogs. When my brother called them home they weren't coming. My mom went out to help him and saw a small pickup truck at the end of our driveway (my brother lives next to my parents). The woman was very upset. Digger had ran right out in front of her. There was nothing she could do. She offered to drive him to the vet.
    Instead I got my SILs truck and my sister (who is a vet tech and happened to be down visiting for the holidays) rode in the back with Digger.
    Monday and Tuesday of the following week I went to visit him at the vet on my lunch from work. Wednesday I was not able to go, but figured someone else in the family had gone. Thursday morning I was talking to my SIL and she informed me that nobody had gone to visit him on Wednesday. Not even 3 minutes after we hung up she called me back crying. The vet had just called....he had just gone to the bridge minutes before, basically while we were on the phone discussing him.
    I can't seem to get it out of my head that he thought we had given up on him since we didn't visit that day. My brother, on the other hand, was relieved that Digger took the huge decision away from him on whether or not to let him go.
    The impact from the car was mostly to his head. So even if he had lived he wouldn't have been the same dog. He use to give me hugs and he always talked (loud!) in his sleep when I dogsat them. He was my boyfriend.
    So, 6 years ago today Digger went to the bridge to wait for one fine day.

I have included a picture of him from a trip we took to Hearst Castle back in 2000. He was hanging out the motorhome window in the drivers seat.

I know you are playing hard at the bridge Digger Dog!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Digger Dog, I hope you are having a blast @ the bridge. RIP sweet boy, your family loves you still, and they think about you often. Keep watch over them until one fine day, you will all be together again. What a handsome boy you are, I know the ladies @ the RB can't get enough of you!!
    Smokedog's mommy
    I've been frosted!!

What a great picture of Digger!!

Your family loves you and misses you.
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Awe.... Digger Dog! I'd love to have a boyfriend like you! Cindy was awful lucky to have had you in her life. Watch over her for us, ok?? Play hard up there!

Oh Digger you are so handsome and you remind me of my casey a little bit. RIP sweet boy.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Oh Cindy I just sat here and cried. I don't believe for one instant that he thought any of you gave up on him, please try not to think that way, he knew how very much he was loved.
    What a beautiful sweet pic.
    RIP Digger play hard at the Bridge.