View Poll Results: Do you walk your dogs?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

25 50.00%
  • Sometimes

20 40.00%
  • No

5 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you walk your dogs?

Do you walk your dogs?

Do you walk your dogs? If you do, how often? If you don't, how do they get their exercise?

No, I don't walk my dogs, lucky for me, I have 6 acres and a big lake right behind my house. The dogs keep busy chasing eachother and playing, swimming and chasing the ball, catching frisbees, etc. We live where there are no public places, neighbors, etc. for miles so we can't walk to the sidewalk and just go for a walk like some people can The dogs get to take turns going to the dog park, cause I only take four at a time, and every other weekend I take one dog for a jog, we drive down to a trail and jog for an hour. The dogs also get turns for this.

Yep, all three of our dogs get walked everyday.. usually twice a day. If there is an odd day that makes so that we don't have time to actually walk them then we let them out back(all of our backyard is fenced in) and play fetch for awhile throughout the day.

I don't walk them regularly. The reason for this is because Kai is so afraid of noise, people and traffic, that he can slip out of the tightest harnesses, collars, martingales, etc. He will stop on all fours and be dragged rather than walk. I've been working on this with him and we've made some huge progress in the past year but unfortunately, I can't walk him for more than a couple blocks before he freaks out.

Kaedyn is fear aggressive. We haven't been able to pinpoint it. He lunges randomly. It's odd because in a large crowd, or store, he's great. If he sees someone approaching him, he will always give attention. Sometimes he'll growl, sometimes he won't.

A walk doesn't phase Keeva. She needs to run offleash daily or she's a nutcase.

I take them to the dog park everyday unless it's bad weather. This way Keeva gets to burn her energy, and Kai and Kaedyn get some socialization while still exercising.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I walk Autumn in the morning a block or two before work. Then both in the afternoon. Other than that, we have a 12 acre dog park a mile in one direction from our house, and another dog park just as big in the other direction a good 2 miles.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Usually. If Ivy doesn't get walked, she gets taken to either the dog park or the trails or the oh-so-handy treadmill

She also gets a long fetch session tossed in there and a couple short obedience/agility training sessions everyday. I'm really proud of how far we've come =)

ETA: Oh yeah, Giselle tags along haha!

I try to walk mine everyday. I live in town so I can't let them run around the yard.

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Going for a walk here is pretty much going to the park and letting the dogs off lead to run themselves silly . I rarely actully put them on lead and leave them on lead and walk around the streets, too many stray dogs roaming around.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

We dont go for walks regularly either. We live on 13 acres in the boonies, so usually the dogs get a few good runs in daily! Once a week i take the dogs for a walk on the country roads, mostly for my benifit. But we do have to be carefull while walking, as there is no shoulder, and people do have a tendancy to speed on our back roads.
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

I don't walk my dogs. We have a large fenced in backyard. Lacey's had both back knees operated on and we are thankful she CAN walk much less talking her for a walk. We play ball or frisbee and get Layla running around the yard doing the zoomies. She also goes to Petsmart now and then and loves walking all through the store until I'm exhausted.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

do I walk my dogs? sometimes. but I often work from dark to dark, so I also have a dog walker. I used to run my dogs a lot, but I cant do that as much anymore because Rusty cant come off the leash so when I run the girls he ends up with the short end of the stick and being a JRT thats never a good thing lol. since the sun uis going down a lot sooner(pitch black hen I get home from work) I have been playing with them in my backyard for exersize as at least there they cal all be off the leash lol.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

In the summer we spend a lot of time outside hiking, rollerblading, biking and doing agility training. When it gets colder the amount of walks we take decreases. Other than that they usually just get exercise by running around in the yard or playing fetch in the house/yard. And whenever I come home I make a point of spending some time at the dog park.

Ashley & Crossbone ("mini ACD")
    Living with my parent's: Jack (Lab/Beagle), Micki & Mini (JRTS)
    RIP Kyra: 07/11/04 - 11/3/12; Shadow: 4/2/96 - 3/17/08

Yes, they go for a walk almost every day for an hour. During the summer we often went hiking too. Since it's been freezing and I don't always get home before its dark we've skipped a few days though. If my mom doesn't go I take all 3 dogs by myself, people laugh at me when they see this.

I don't walk them every day, but usually about 5 times a week. Walks to next to nothing for Dance - I just take her out for walks because I like to.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I can't always walk them everyday..but typically 4-5 times a week. I take them for bike rides and hikes when its nice out.

Lil doesnt need walks,being only a small dog she gets plenty of exercise from running around the house and backyard.she goes for walks with her friend Nikki,who belongs to our relatives,when we visit but she gets tired quick.