hi...i haven't posted in a while. Well, I ended up getting another guinea pig. It is a rescue guinea pig. We got it from our friend who is a squirrel rehabber. I don't know where she got the guinea pig from, but when she got her she was in a really bad state. She says she had no hair and all of her babies died. she was so busy that we offered to take care of Lucy(the guinea pig, she was very healthy by now) she agreed and we took her home. My guinea pig cinnamon and Lucy didnt get along to well when we put them in the guinea pig cage (not cinnamon's cage but a seperate little enclosed area) I didn't want to push it so i told my mom and brother not to put them in the same cage...well...a fiew days later they did...(while i was gone...) i was so mad! (my mom and brother left the house with both of them in cinnamon's cage)...well...when i got home cinnamon had a big cut on her lip! I was sooooo mad at my brother and mom!!! because i specifically told them not to. I didn't know if i should take her to the vet...i didn't want to unless i really had to because my dad made a deal when i first got cinnamon that i would have to pay every penny for her vet care...(don't get me wrong though...i would have taken her to the vet and paid for it, i have money saved if something like this would have happened!!!) but my mom said that we would put ointment on ourself and if it got swolen or anything like that we would immeditely take her to the vet.
after a fiew days it seemed to improve...and a fiew days ago the scab came off...it looks great now...you can barely tell that she had a deep cut! (because there is no hair there...) anyway i am soooo happy now!!! (i'll try to get pictures soon)