Thread: How do I.......

How do I.......

get throuhg a night without you....... LOL.... (sorry about the singing got carried away )

I want to know how do I pass a video from a camcorder (V8) to the comp so I can burn it into a CD..... what program can I use and mostly how can I connect the video to the comp.... it had a cable like cable cable.... but somehow got lost I just have the 3 colored ones....... can i connect those to the comp??

how can I do it??.... please any help will be soooooo very much appreciated

I want to burn some videos of my kid as a baby, and having them on video tape makes me worry as to have the tape ruined by rewinding and playing and fast forwarding so many times....
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365

Can't help you with your question.
    But I just wanted to say...when I read your title I started singing that song!!! Then I open it and you continue exactly what was going in my head!!LOL
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

is your computer a PC? mac? it depends on what ports your camrecorder and computer has. in general, you 1) cable the camrecorder to the computer, 2) turn the camecorder on in VCR mode and 3) use video editing software on the computer to upload the video...you probably already know that.

your camrecorder might have firewire/iLink/IEEE 1394 port (three names - same thing) that can connect to the same thing on computer (like firewire on mac, iLink on a sony, IEEE 1394 on anything else, etc). or you might have a USB 2.0 port on both of them, do you see it?

and of course, are there enough hard disk space free for video? (I'm afraid a video would take a lot of space!).

I can help more if you can tell me exactly what camrecorder (manufacturer/model name) and computer (manufacturer/model name, plus operating system version for best software).. all these little details help!

oh, or there is another option, I've done this before with all of my old videos, I took to a store where they have a recording machines, copying off video onto a CD - all for you. maybe you can find that business locally, usually doesn't cost you too much. I got mine for like $5 each (video and CD).

whew, I hope I helped! lol.
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

Oh Gina.... you placed me in such predicament... LOL.... I don´t have a clue, besides I don´t have the cam at hand right now, but I will check....

I might as well try the store and see if they can do that for me....you really made me consider tha space issue... thanks

I mhave a PC... the cam only has the 3 colored cables that usually connect to TV´s and an S-video output, so no USB.... just the comp has them....

I think I´ll inquire about someone doing it for me, if not I´ll come back with more Q´s........ thank you!!
    Corinna´s Christmas Card Swap ´06
    dedicated to a lovely woman who won many hearts along her life...........
    she will be deeply missed.......Thank you for letting us be a part of your life, you will surely remain in ours FOREVER........R.I.P. Dear Corinna

Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful dude that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

notes-to-my-husband blog

http://365project.org/isabelle/365