Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mum's to be, Mums, Babies, Kid's subforum?

Mum's to be, Mums, Babies, Kid's subforum?

This has been bought up before but never got discussed . Would it be possible to have a Mums/ kids subforum, it is getting hard keeping up with whos expecting, who has new borns etc. Having them all in one area may make things a bit easier.

This reminds me i must share photos of my 'new' nephew (he is 3 months old now).

Just an idea.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Not a good idea then?
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Well, it seems like it would "segregate" Pet Talk more, and General is where we share all our happy people-type news, and I find it fun to find out baby stuff and see the pictures there, whereas, seeing as I am not a mom, it might be awkward posting in a "moms and kids" forum.

Gina - "sandragonfly" once started a "Kids of Pet Talk" thread - maybe it is time to dig that up and update it?

I think a separate area would be great! It wouldn't separate PT. In fact, it would give people more opportunity to post and to have those pics not lost in one huge thread.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

"Junior or Mini PTers" would be lovely
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I don't think it's a bad idea at all. I don't think it would segregate either, the same as people without dogs or cats will read/post in cat or dog general. It wouldn't just be for pictures, it'd be a great place for all those 'new mother' questions or moms asking other moms questions about issues with their kids. I think it'd make it easier for people who might have advice to not miss these threads then, as threads in general are buried pretty quickly. Picture threads wouldn't be lost and buried so quickly under birthday announcements and games and general chatter.

I do think that new pregnancy and new birth announcements going in general would still be great even with a "PT kids" subforum.

Just some of my thoughts.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Actually if there were a separate section for parents/children here there probably would be quite a few important/interesting threads that i never would have seen. It's just not a subject i'm generally interested in to put it mildly. Unless a thread in some other section were to point to a thread in that section i would NEVER venture over there. I come to a PET board to talk about PETS. There are plenty of parenting forums out there on the net. I don't mind occasionally reading about the other family members though over in General.

I actually think it is quite sad at some of the threads i could have missed out on if there had been a separate section.

For those that are concerned about loosing track of the children threads, make up a new folder in your Subscriptions. I have separate folders for Dog, Cat, Pet, and Other.

Quote Originally Posted by K9soul
    I don't think it's a bad idea at all. I don't think it would segregate either, the same as people without dogs or cats will read/post in cat or dog general. It wouldn't just be for pictures, it'd be a great place for all those 'new mother' questions or moms asking other moms questions about issues with their kids. I think it'd make it easier for people who might have advice to not miss these threads then, as threads in general are buried pretty quickly. Picture threads wouldn't be lost and buried so quickly under birthday announcements and games and general chatter.

I do think that new pregnancy and new birth announcements going in general would still be great even with a "PT kids" subforum.

Just some of my thoughts.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

For people who make it to General daily that may be true, but for myself and probably a lot of others, I make it there maybe once or twice a week depending on what's going on and how crazy things are for me. Threads are long buried by then usually. Everyone will have a differing opinion. If there were a different section and you just chose not to go there because it was a different section, I guess there's nothing that could be done about that. I doubt it will happen anyway. I just wanted to put my 2 cents in that to me, it was a good idea, with the tremendous amount of new babies and new moms on the board. I'd be like having dog or cat general sections combined in general. And the argument that it's a PET board, to me it's not just a PET board. It's a board for people who have or love pets. There's nothing wrong with having forums like General, the Doghouse etc, that don't specifically have to do with pets.

ETA: Also about there being plenty of parenting forums: That is true, however I can certainly understand why a member of this board would want to ask other members that they are familiar with and know and trust for thoughts and advice.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Crow, I have to agree with you and Jess, I also agree with you. That's why I think a separate area would be great. They could still talk to PTers that way but in it's own special area.

9/3/13
    I miss you

Join me on this flight.
    [/SIZE]

11/12/06

Sorry if i came off as if i was completely against the idea, i'm not. I'm much a tad closer to being neutral on the issue.

I actually fully understand where you're coming from on wanting to talk to someone you're already familiar with. That's the part that makes me sympathetic and open to the idea.

My suggestion was for something that could be done currently. I was hoping to help those that are hoping for this addition subsection. :-)

I just had to voice my opinion in that it plausibly has the potential to segregate. (and the reason that i'm opposed. I feel my opposition is just as valid as those for it. So far the majority of opinions posted were for. I felt there should be a counter balance view.)

Quote Originally Posted by K9soul
    For people who make it to General daily that may be true, but for myself and probably a lot of others, I make it there maybe once or twice a week depending on what's going on and how crazy things are for me. Threads are long buried by then usually. Everyone will have a differing opinion. If there were a different section and you just chose not to go there because it was a different section, I guess there's nothing that could be done about that. I doubt it will happen anyway. I just wanted to put my 2 cents in that to me, it was a good idea, with the tremendous amount of new babies and new moms on the board. I'd be like having dog or cat general sections combined in general. And the argument that it's a PET board, to me it's not just a PET board. It's a board for people who have or love pets. There's nothing wrong with having forums like General, the Doghouse etc, that don't specifically have to do with pets.

ETA: Also about there being plenty of parenting forums: That is true, however I can certainly understand why a member of this board would want to ask other members that they are familiar with and know and trust for thoughts and advice.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

Having everything in one place would also make it easier for some to avoid the threads, as there is far, far too much information in some of the posts.

Come on guys, they don't have to be that explicit. Show some restraint, and exercise a little judgment when posting. There are some things the whole world does NOT need to know.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

LH, THANK YOU.

Even some of the titles give away more info that some of us want to know, even if we don't open the threads.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

I was going to say that I agree with Karen. This is after all a PET forum. However, I'm with those not so interested in kids and pregnancies and the details there in. So I wouldn't mind them being seperated. Less to go thru when checking in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human
    Having everything in one place would also make it easier for some to avoid the threads, as there is far, far too much information in some of the posts.

Come on guys, they don't have to be that explicit. Show some restraint, and exercise a little judgment when posting. There are some things the whole world does NOT need to know.
    Thank you! I've been tap dancing around the subject. As people point out here a lot of times, this is a family forum. I, too, have seen more than I care too just from the titles.

9/3/13
    I miss you

Join me on this flight.
    [/SIZE]

11/12/06

LH thanks for having to guts to say what i was thinking, but was not game enough to post .