Thread: Very Concered.....

Very Concered.....

Its been a week now since i moved into my boyfriends dads house, and brought spencer with me. and i havent noticed any BMS from Spencer at all we have him tied up on a 50 yard-i think-its really long) cable so he can have the run of the yard, but when i walk around looking for BMS to pick up i cant seem to find any, unles im just missing them. Spencer is eating real well probley 2 cups a day, well i keep his dish full, and usually every night its gone. so hes eating and drinking the same. the dog food is Nutri-Plan, i believe, and the only other treats ive been giving him is a raw hide bone, like he always gets, and smallerraw-hide bones, and also gave him one that looked like a baseball, but he ate them all. but hes gotten these treats before and didint seem so have any problems going to the bathroom. do you think hes going and im just missing it? or is he plugged up? and if he is couldnt you tell by the way he would eat and act?
    Mommy's Little Girl

Seems like an awful long time to go without pooping. I would maybe suggest that he might be *ehem* eating it. Gross, I know.. but if he's out there for a while with nothing to do.. sometimes they get bored, or their still hungry. Bunny does this on very rare occasion.. Used to do it when we weren't feeding her as much as we do now. Otherwise, I have no idea. Seems like way too long to go without pooping.

Bunny: BoxerxSheppard mix, Eli: Boxer, Treo: Boxer
    Zeke [RB]: RottweilerxAustrailian Cattle Dog mix

Oscar & Chloe: White's Tree Frogs, Kiwi & Wasabi: Green Tree Frogs
    I sell DVDs and other miscellaneous stuff on eBay!

He could very well be eating his stool. Sometimes that's a sign of a deficiency of digestive enzymes or just a very bad habit. Take a fresh stool sample to your vet and ask for a 'film digestion test' also have your dog examined by the vet to rule out any other problems.

If that checks out ok, and he's acting fine, eating fine, and playing, then I'd think it was a bad habit and maybe not let him out loose in the yard until you've followed him around to go potty, then pick it up right away so he doesn't eat it.

Good luck

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

is there anything i can give him that will make him go to the bathroom easier? dont really want runny stools but i just want to make sure hes not plugged up.

this is really worrying me
    Mommy's Little Girl

is there any clues to find out if hes eating it or not???

he does smell, but its cuz he rolls around in stuff out in the yard, last week he rolled in some BMs, but the only BM was on his sweatshirt and i washed it now he just smells like a dog outside that rolls around in dead things.

I really hope hes not eating it...
    Mommy's Little Girl

Check his breath I think it would be pretty easy to smell gross poop.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Is he tied outside all the time, or can you keep him inside (and wash him, lol), and then allow him outside when he needs to go?? That way you can observe what he's doing. Poor thing can't like being tied outside 24/7 in the cold either.

Poor thing can't like being tied outside 24/7 in the cold either.
    Ditto.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

its not cold out...its like 60 degrees here, and he comes in at night, he sleeps in a kennel but he cant have the run of the house. hes not cold outside, and i bring him in at night before the sun goes down and it gets too cold.

but anyway, i dont want this thread to turn into something else. i did see spencer take a BM today, he does it in the tal grass wher ei dont walk and i cant even see it. so im not too worried anymore.
    Mommy's Little Girl

Glad to hear everything is o.k!
    Smokedog's mommy
    I've been frosted!!

Quote Originally Posted by racing_gurl07
    its not cold out...its like 60 degrees here, and he comes in at night, he sleeps in a kennel but he cant have the run of the house. hes not cold outside, and i bring him in at night before the sun goes down and it gets too cold.

but anyway, i dont want this thread to turn into something else. i did see spencer take a BM today, he does it in the tal grass wher ei dont walk and i cant even see it. so im not too worried anymore.
    Usually mine vacumn their doggy food up within a minute so there's never a question as to whether they are hungry or not.

I take each out seperately for a very short walk, and at an appropriate place I tell the puppy: Ok that's a good place. Make a puppy boo-boo right there. They usually uh... obey the command.

P.S. Getting them to produce for a puppy wee-wee command is usually easier.

Quote Originally Posted by racing_gurl07

Glad he's doing well.

I commented about the weather/temperature because you stated in the thread about baby powder that it was too cold out to wash him, and seeing that you live in Minnesota, I know it gets colder there early. Anyway... that was all.

Glad he gets to come in at night!