Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Ben (4 pics)

My Ben (4 pics)

I have not taken many pictures of Ben since he came to live with us. I don't know why. But I did get some of him today at lunchtime when I took him out to play ball. I thought the last one was funny because he had slobber on his face. He will NOT drop the ball. You have to take it out of his mouth. OMG, he is very much ball obsessed.

For those of you who don't know, Ben came to us at the end of July, when his owners had a life changing event take place. We had fostered him almost a year ago for a week (he was a stray), for Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue, then he was adopted by a loving couple. He was the answer to a prayer for me when we had the opportunity to adopt him. I needed him and he needed me, too.

Isn't he handsome, lying amongst my weeds? I think he is a wonderful boy, even if Baby Mack disagrees with me. His sister, Honey, thinks he is marvelous. I'll have to try and get pictures of them together.

Logan

Ben is absolutely gorgeous / handsome! He certainly has the sweet Golden face! Give him kisses for me, please!

Kenny was the KING of SLOBBER!

Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Logan, he's spectacular! What a handsome, handsome boy! I'm so glad he came into your life! (and ours!) Don't feel bad..RB Cody used to run after the ball and then wait for me to retreive it and throw it again!

I've been Boooo'd!

Those are great pictures! He look so happy. It wonderful that you have found each other (again).
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

What a sweet and handsome boy he is. I love his smile!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

what a beautiful boy!
    hmmmm ball obsessed? I've got a red girl that's the sammmmmeeee way!!!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Well, it is about time Ben was given a little attention here at Pet Talk. One can tell how much he adores his Mama from the look he is giving you in that last picture. And that golden smile - does it get any better than that? Seems like Ben is enjoying a bit of the good life - a little sun, a little game of ball, and time with the object of his affection.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Ben is so adorable! Nice pics.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Logan he is so handsome! I can see why this boy stole your heart. I like all of the pictures but this one is my favorite:

What a nice shot! Since your camera takes such nice pictures, why haven't we been treated to more? I wish you and Ben many, many happy years together. I know he surely did wind up in the best home in all of South Carolina! Bella said she would love to play ball with Ben. She, too, plays until she is ready to drop.
    (P.S. I see that Rachel has beat me to the computer this morning. Well, you know the old saying, *early to bed, early to rise, makes a girl healthy, wealthy and wise.* )

Quote Originally Posted by kimlovescats
    Ben is absolutely gorgeous / handsome! He certainly has the sweet Golden face! Give him kisses for me, please!

Kenny was the KING of SLOBBER!

Kim
    Kim, did you notice the white toes? His whole foot isn't white like Kenny's, but they are the only Golden boys that I have ever seen with the white feet! Ben has a little spot of lighter fur on his chest, too. I don't know if he is a pure bred GR, since he was a stray, but it really doesn't matter. He is a love!!!!

He's handsome dude! What a beautiful smile, he looks very happy. Sounds like things worked out perfectly for both of you!

And that golden smile - does it get any better than that? Seems like Ben is enjoying a bit of the good life - a little sun, a little game of ball, and time with the object of his affection.
    It does NOT get any better than that, Rachel!!!! He is certainly at the top of my list of "objects of my affection", too. I'm taking him today to see two people who love him dearly, his former family. It looks like they will be moving in the next couple of weeks to Indiana for Todd to enter medical school. They really want to see him and have some presents for him. I think it is ok to do this now. I just wasn't ready before. I think he loves me enough that he won't be confused at this point.

Pam, I have a really hard time getting pictures of them without help and I never seem to have help! What I would love is to take a picture of them all together, but without help, I don't see that happening. They all want to climb on me and love me, which creates an argument between those silly boys, every time.

Thanks, everyone. I'll try to do better with those pictures!!!

Oh what a cutie pie he is!

He has a wonderful Golden smile!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Oh, what a handsome boy, Logan. {{{cyberhugs}}}
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Ben really is a beauty. His fur looks so silky soft around his face & ears.

Don't know why but the bigger dogs seem to be the biggest loves. So
    gentle & sweet.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt