Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Munchkin Gave Birth!! Day 2...UPDATE WITH PICS!! POST #42

Munchkin Gave Birth!! Day 2...UPDATE WITH PICS!! POST #42

***PLEASE NOTE, MY CAMERA WAS DATED WRONG, IT IS SET FOR A DAY AHEAD AND I DON'T KNOW WHY...I'M SORRY GUYS!

Yesterday around 4:10 pm I noticed Munchkin having contractions. She had a bit of trouble with the first one and seemed in a lot of pain. I sat there and talked to her and comforted her. At 4:40 she delivered her first baby, a female calico. Munchkin opened the sac and cleaned the baby very nicely. She cut the cord and took care of the rest. Here are two pictures of the lil' girl just minutes after her mama cleaned her up.

She rested about an hour then gave birth to the second baby at 5:30, the third about 5:50...they are identical. Here are pictures of the two lil' orange and white baby boys.

This first one was taken about 15 minutes after the 3rd baby was born, he is almost completely dry.

MORE IN NEXT POST..........
    Last edited by Reachoutrescue; 10-23-2007 at 08:31 AM.

"The dog represents all that is best in man." Etienne Charlet

www.rornfp.org

AWWWWW! What little loves! What a great job Munchkin! Congrats to all of you! Can't wait to see more! They are just precious!
    Katjaye, but everyone calls me...

"And what is as important as knowledge?" asked the mind. "Caring and seeing with the heart," answered the soul.

Congradulations Munchkin! They sure are cuties!! can't wait for the next post!!

PS... I've never heard of cats giving birth to identicals, but frankly, I've never thaught about it lol!

When we did the x-ray, it showed 5 babies, by 7:15, she had not had any other babies. She scared me and I called the emergency vet, the told me to watch her for signs of pain or contractions and if no other kitten is born, bring her in. At 8:05 she gave birth to the 4th baby.....an all orange male.

These were taken just minutes after the sac was opened.

The 5th and final kitten scared me even more. She did not deliver the baby until almost 10:30pm. Again, I called the vet, and they told me as long as she is caring for the other babies and does not seem distressed to wait a bit longer. She gave birth to a lil...very lil calico (I think she is calico, she is mainy black and white with some orange on her) girl. She is very tiny. Munchkin opened the sac and cut the cord, but did not clean the baby off, I gave her a little bit longer, then I took the kitten in a clean dry wash cloth and cleaned her off. Around 11:30pm the baby was all dry and Munchkin was sort of ignoring her. Since Munchkin wouldn't take care of her and the baby didn't seem to want to nurse, I prepared a bottle of KMR for the baby and fed her. She didn't want it at first, but with much persistance, she drank well. I then put her back with Munchkin. About 1 am, Munchkin began licking and cleaning the lil' runt, the baby then started to nurse. Today the baby is nursing well and all have plump lil' bellies!

Here is a picture of the last baby girl just after birth.

Here is a pic of the litter today. They all seem to be okay.

www.rornfp.org

Awwwwwwwwww......Look at those wittle babies!!! How adorable!! Great job Munchkin!!! What a great mommie you are, and you have such adorable babies!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpatata6
    Congradulations Munchkin! They sure are cuties!! can't wait for the next post!!

PS... I've never heard of cats giving birth to identicals, but frankly, I've never thaught about it lol!
    Munckin says "Thank you....meow" to you and Katjaye.

I have heard of identical kittens, but have never seen it...they were like back to back! If you look at them you can see they are very much identical with maybe one or two marking differences. I was amazed to watch them be born so closely together!!

www.rornfp.org

Quote Originally Posted by Reachoutrescue

Munckin says "Thank you....meow" to you and Katjaye.

I have heard of identical kittens, but have never seen it...they were like back to back! If you look at them you can see they are very much identical with maybe one or two marking differences. I was amazed to watch them be born so closely together!!

That's really cool! I wonder if they have the same DNA like human identical twins... And your welcome Munckin!!! Is this her first litter? She's a great meowmie.

Prayers for the littel one!

Those photos are so sweet! What a worry they gave you, though. Glad it all worked out fine.

For the first 4, does the mom cat put them to nurse, or do you place them after she has cleaned them up? Just curious. I know you had to place the 5th baby.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpatata6
    That's really cool! I wonder if they have the same DNA like human identical twins... And your welcome Munckin!!! Is this her first litter? She's a great meowmie.
    I wonder about the DNA thing too....that would be cool. Munchkin was my bro's cat and he never spayed her and let her be an outdoor/indoor cat, I am very mad at him for this. I took her from him and told him he can not have her back until she is spayed. Yes this is her first (and only) litter. She really is a good meowmie!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    Prayers for the littel one!

Those photos are so sweet! What a worry they gave you, though. Glad it all worked out fine.

For the first 4, does the mom cat put them to nurse, or do you place them after she has cleaned them up? Just curious. I know you had to place the 5th baby.
    Thank you very much for your prayers for the lil' girl. I am hoping she will be okay. The babies automatically find the mama's nipples, sometimes you have to place them all. Munchkin was so tired. I am thinking that is why she did not care for the 5th baby at first.

www.rornfp.org

Thanks! Wow, it is just so fascinating (if you haven't been through it a dozen times, I guess that makes a difference). The new first time mom knows to open the sac, clean the baby, cut the cord, and the baby knows to go find food!

Some of them never outgrown that!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    The wonder of new life - so amazing and so beautiful. Congrats Munchkin - what a wonderful meowmie with a gorgeous litter of little ones

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Poor tired Munchkin! Now she can rest and nurse her TOTALLY ADORABLE babies!

Did the vet say if she needs any special food for nursing kitty moms?

I love how the first ones just know where to go and CLING with their tiny toesies!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

They are all beautiful! Great job Munchkin!!
    Congratulations on a beautiful new kitty family in the making. My thoughts will be sent for the baby to thrive and grow!

Hugs,
    Crystal

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Munchkin gave birth!!!!!!

This is such a beautiful thing! There are no words to describe how I felt seeing these minutes old newborns. You did great, Munchkin, and your babies are so beautiful! I'm sure that you're going to be a very attentive and caring mommycat.

Thank you so much for sharing these pictures with us. Is Munchkin accepting the last baby? I hope so. Please know that my prayers are being prayed for Munchkin and her precious little newborns. May each baby enjoy a long, healthy, happy life filled with nothing but the love and care every kitty deserves!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

BABIES !!!!

SQUEALS WITH JOY!!