Thread: LOOK HERE, Potential Pet Adopters in SD!

LOOK HERE, Potential Pet Adopters in SD!

Hello PTers,
    I know many of you already have many pets, but I know that some of you are most likely looking to adopt one, or another one. Well, all of you who live in San Diego, California, look here! These three shelters-the North, Central, and South-have a bunch of furry and other types of friends waiting to be adopted! In fact, they are pretty crowded with them! The adoptable animals they have are cats, dogs, rabbits, rats, geese, horses, guinea pigs, pigs, and more, all with a variety of breeds/colors for each kind! And they all are looking for a forever home!
    The Adoption Fees are as follows:
    Puppy or Dog $69.00
    Kitten-$58.00 (Under 6 mos)
    Cat-$29.00, they are currently having a special for adult kitties 6 mos and older, although it doesn't say this on their website
    Cat or Dog (Senior) 5-years of age or older $35.00
    Kitten, Cat, Puppy or Dog for Senior Citizen/Disabled Person $35.00
    I am sorry, I don't know their adoption fees for other animals; I can't find them on their website.

Here is some more information quoted from the shelter's website:
    "Adoption fees include the cost of required surgical sterilization of the animal or a refundable spay/neuter voucher, as well as vaccinations and other medical services. In most cases, required sterilization will be scheduled and completed before an animal is placed in a new home. In addition, a one-year free license for dogs residing within Department service areas is included. Adoption gift certificates are also available for purchase."

The shelter's website address is as follows: http://www.sddac.com/index.asp On the website, there is all the information you need about adopting a pet from there. The website also shows their adoptable pets, and is extremely up-to-date. If an animal gets adopted, it gets taken off right away, and if an animal comes in, it gets put on right away. Also, just so you know, the information about the animals is accurate, and most of the time, the animals' breeds are, too. The shelter makes their most accurate hypothesis based on their knowledge of breeds.

Please, if you are a San Diegan and want to adopt a pet, consider adopting one here! They are a good shelter and all of their pets are excellent, too! And they all need to be adopted. Right now, they have an especially large number of adoptable pets compared to their average! Thanks a lot! Adopting from the Shelter is the right thing to do with the over pet population issues.

ALSO: I got my dear Nitschke, a tortie DSH, here at 2 months old. Now, she is 8 months old.
    ALSO: For all of you who San Diegans who love Siamese and similar breed Kitties, look no further! These three shelters have around 10-15 Siamese and Similar Breed Kitties. And a bunch of wonderful Domestic Shorthairs. I'd love to hear if anyone adopts an animal from here!

Thanks again,
    Catloverforever and Her Kitty Clan
    Last edited by catloverforever; 11-02-2007 at 06:53 PM.