Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bands you'd spend big bucks to see

Bands you'd spend big bucks to see

An interesting question on the morning radio show I listen to ... what bands or singers, living or dead, would you consider paying "big bucks" to see? Genesis has been in Chicago this week, third of 3 shows tonight and the top ticket price was $227.

Right away I thought of the Beatles. I was in the 9th grade when John Lennon was murdered in 1980. I wonder, if he hadn't been killed, what would have happened with the Beatles. If they would have got back together, made more albums, gone on tour. Guess I will always wonder. If they were all still alive and making a concert appearance in Chicago, I think I'd cough up big bucks for a decent seat. I also wonder if Elvis Presley hadn't died from an overdose, what the rest of his career might have been.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Definitely Garth Brooks.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I'm not sure. I'm getting so disgusted with people buying up a bunch of tickets and then scalping them. A perfect example is the recent sales of the Hannah Montana tour. There are tickets out there selling for over $225,000.00 because she is in such demand. It's sad to see because that means some of these kids who save up there money for tickets don't get them because of ppl like this. Last concert I went to was an Alabama concert unless you count the Chipndales that my hubby sent me too with his mom.

A positive attitude may not solve allyour problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.-Herm Albright

Please someone say the Spice Girls! Due to a genuine mix up with ordering I have two that I don't need....
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

$225,000 for Hannah Montana? Are you sure?

I know that my husband would say "Elvis" or "Cher", his two favorites. Maybe even Robert Earl Keen, another of his favorites.

I'm at the point that I'll go buy the cd, some wonderful food and a good bottle of wine, sit in candlelight and listen at home. I don't think that makes me boring, just practical.

Logan

I would prolly pay good money for Johnny Cash if he was still around... Or maybe some one like neil young or led zeppelin.
    Last edited by angelbow20; 10-04-2007 at 09:24 PM.

I have been to see my three favorite performers (Brooks & Dunn, Alan Jackson and Brad Paisley) and would probably go again in the future. My hubby would say Pink Floyd as would my son. Actually our whole family went to see Pink Floyd many years ago in Philly.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Well, I've been wracking my feeble brain and I can't think of a single band that I would spend that kind of money to see. I'd rather sit home and watch on TV -- no crowds, no traffic, etc.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98
    Well, I've been wracking my feeble brain and I can't think of a single band that I would spend that kind of money to see. I'd rather sit home and watch on TV -- no crowds, no traffic, etc.
    I agree! I was thinking the same thing.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I don't like the crowds and traffic either. Much more prefer a quiet night with my kitties listening to Josh groban on the stero.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Band or Singers

I like to hear Enico Caruso live.

And I wish I 'd heard Della Reese when she was young and earned the nickname "Silver Pipes."

I'd love to hear Louie Armstrong live.

As I love Big Bands and Swing, the bands I'd like to hear live are from that era: Tommy Dorsey, Glen Miller, and a few others.

The two bands I'd pay big coin to see again are The Grateful Dead and Pink Floyd.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I've seen Steve Earle seven times and I would pay to see him again without hesitation. The next time he comes to Vancouver, I'm flying down!

I have never paid big bucks to see any concert, i saw Eagles and Ricky martin courtesy of the radio comp i won on both accounts,however i am paying to see America in Dec, we paid 180 for two tickets, i know that is pretty cheap, but to me it is big bucks, i would have loved to see Steely Dan, they were more expensive, and yes scalping goes on here too, i am in two minds about them, it is unfair when they buy up the tickets and other people cannot get tickets and they sell them on for big bucks, but i guess it is a business venture like anything else and they take the risks, so why not, however on trademe here,like your ebay, they have just stopped people doing that, they can only sell them for the original price they paid, which makes it very fair for everyone.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I've seen BB King live and I'd pay out the you-know-what to see him again.

Thank you Wolf_Q!